    Hint to manufacturers: a B&W only version (ie, no CFA) of a D70, 20D,
    or similar dslr would be most welcome.
    , Sep 28, 2004

  2. Gadgets Guest

    Great link thanks -

    Just wondering if you need the 88A/89B IR transmission filter over the CCD,
    or can you use a lens filter instead?
    Is the thickness of plastic/glass in the CCD filter required for proper
    focus?

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
    Gadgets, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Crownfield Guest

    Gadgets wrote:

    > Great link thanks -
    >
    > Just wondering if you need the 88A/89B IR transmission filter over the CCD,
    > or can you use a lens filter instead?

    89b works well over the lens for S2 Pro.

    Crownfield, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Hugh Jorgan Guest

    Or you could just use an R72 filter.
    --
    Hugh Jorgan

    Hugh Jorgan, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Gadgets Guest

    Maybe too much visibile light with the R72? Sandwich it with a narrow cut
    58 green and you'll have a good (almost) IR only filter...

    Gadgets, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Hugh Jorgan Guest

    "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus...com> wrote in message
    > Maybe too much visibile light with the R72? Sandwich it with a narrow cut
    > 58 green and you'll have a good (almost) IR only filter...
    >
    > Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    > Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Well, you could go RM90 to get deeper into the IR and get a B&W photo (and
    longer exposure times I guess?). Or with the R72 you could still tease out
    some colors for a "color IR".
    Hugh Jorgan, Sep 29, 2004
  7. "Hugh Jorgan" <> wrote in message
    > "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus...com> wrote in message
    > > Maybe too much visibile light with the R72? Sandwich it with a narrow

    cut
    > > 58 green and you'll have a good (almost) IR only filter...
    > >
    > > Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    > > Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    > Well, you could go RM90 to get deeper into the IR and get a B&W photo (and
    > longer exposure times I guess?). Or with the R72 you could still tease out
    > some colors for a "color IR".

    I use a Wratten 87C on my Pentax *ist D, and it has worked ok.
    ~Darrell Larose~, Sep 30, 2004