    Is it any good ? And can I get it in the UK?
    Thanks
    Graham

    Graham Archer, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Graham Archer

    Nick Beard Guest

    No, but the one by Thom Hogan is excellent www.bythom.com

    Nick Beard, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Graham Archer

    Dr Fish Guest

    "Nick Beard" <> wrote in message
    > No, but the one by Thom Hogan is excellent www.bythom.com

    Got to agree there.

    AJM

    Dr Fish, Oct 17, 2004
  4. i hope that the book is excellent but an e-book that is not downloadable
    makes me wonder about the thinking that went into the product... you not
    only have to pay for shipping but also have to wait for this e-book to
    arrive in the mail... seems peculiar.

    Christopher Muto, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Graham Archer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:24:41 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Christopher Muto"
    <> wrote:

    >"Nick Beard" <> wrote in message
    >> No, but the one by Thom Hogan is excellent www.bythom.com

    >i hope that the book is excellent but an e-book that is not downloadable
    >makes me wonder about the thinking that went into the product... you not
    >only have to pay for shipping but also have to wait for this e-book to
    >arrive in the mail... seems peculiar.

    I think if you look on the site none are available for dl. The ability to
    do so would require considerably more storage space and bandwidth on the
    server side which aren't free, either.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 18, 2004
  6. that is absurd. if this guy has problems with fulfillment (shipping out)
    the cds, as he states on his site, then he should be rethinking his business
    model. what he charges for shipping is way more then the possible cost of
    offering a secure method of electronic delivery. and doing it in an
    automated fashion means he won't be wasting time burning cds, stuffing
    envelopes, and making trips to the post office. just set if up once and sit
    back and collect the rewards... and spend time writing more books rather
    than being a shipping clerk. oh, and another benefit is the ease for
    fulfillment of international orders.

    Christopher Muto, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Graham Archer

    Nick Beard Guest

    Right, just to put you guys straight,,,,
    Thom has delivered this e- book inside of two weeks from order it is a
    beutifuly packaged item CD in a well produced container/CD folio. The e-book
    is 525 pages in full and contains all the pictorial and written advice you
    will ever need. Do not be skeptical at all about delivery and what you get
    for £18 UKP. I printed it out in its entirety on my colour laser and it took
    20 mins to print and another 30 mins to bind it up into an A5 folder/s.
    E-books do not have to be downloaded only. It is better for one to have the
    hard material in the form of a CD so that you cant accidentally delete it.
    Now that would be a real bitch after you just bought it.

    BTW you would not think to download the entire Encyclopedea Britanica or
    similar would you? No you would buy the full set of DVD's so as to have the
    security of such,

    Even on a broadband conection one would have to wait a very long time to
    download 525 PDF pages and then you could loose some of them in a broken
    connection or similar.

    Nah... its the CD for me all the way!

    Nick Beard, Oct 23, 2004
  8. Graham Archer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:06:51 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Nick Beard"
    <> wrote:

    >Right, just to put you guys straight,,,,

    No need for me.:

    10-16-04 order placed
    10-18-04 e-mail confirmation, expected ship date 10-19-04
    10-21-04 receipt of package

    Even with U$4.95 shipping, it is still cheaper than Peter iNovas ebook.
    What I'd really like to see is user's comparisons between the two e-books.
    As I don't use PS, all the actions included in INova's product don't hold
    any value to me.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 23, 2004
  9. Graham Archer

    Nick Beard Guest

    Nice one. Just get a good colour laser now to print it out in Booklet format
    and your sorted!!

    Nick Beard, Oct 25, 2004
  10. like thom's snail mail delivery of digital data, your thinking is a bit
    antiquated. if you get electronic delivery then you can back it up to cd
    yourself (the reverse of you copying it to your hard disk which you suggest
    that you have done). what you see as a convenience i perceive as an
    inconvenience and so should the seller. i have no interest in paying to
    wait for something to arrive in the post and no need for the seller to pack
    and ship it... i believe that there is learning curve for those stuck in the
    old way of doing things that will soon pass.

    Christopher Muto, Nov 30, 2004
  11. Graham Archer

    Charlie Self Guest

    Christopher Muto responds:

    >like thom's snail mail delivery of digital data, your thinking is a bit
    >antiquated. if you get electronic delivery then you can back it up to cd
    >yourself (the reverse of you copying it to your hard disk which you suggest
    >that you have done). what you see as a convenience i perceive as an
    >inconvenience and so should the seller. i have no interest in paying to
    >wait for something to arrive in the post and no need for the seller to pack
    >and ship it... i believe that there is learning curve for those stuck in the
    >old way of doing things that will soon pass.

    Maybe so, but it means one helluva lot of people are going to have to get a
    better download and upload speed. Right now, I'm 10 miles from the nearest town
    (of 6600 people), and have a 28.8 modem speed. My option is satellite, which is
    costly as hell, but for installation and gear and for monthly fees, while it
    does zip for my upload speed--more important to me than download speed.

    I have friends who have even less of an option, living out west, one in a town
    of 95 people, and the other many miles outside ANY town. They are still paying
    per minute charges.

    Like them, I prefer the CD. But, then, I'm also old enough to know that a two
    week wait will neither kill me nor ruin my life.

    Charlie Self
    "Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity
    has made them good." H. L. Mencken

    Charlie Self, Nov 30, 2004
  12. Graham Archer

    teflon Guest

    On 27/12/04 8:43 pm, in article , "Jack
    Hoying" <> wrote:

    > (snipped)

    I don't know about anyone else but, I'm waiting for 27/12/04. :[

    teflon, Dec 13, 2004
  13. Graham Archer

    Hunt Guest

    In article <BDE3AB94.D6EA%>,
    says...

    >On 27/12/04 8:43 pm, in article , "Jack
    >Hoying" <> wrote:
    >
    >> (snipped)

    >I don't know about anyone else but, I'm waiting for 27/12/04. :[

    I've seen a few posts, but don't recall by whom, that indicated problems with
    the D70 e-book. I got mine within 7 working days, and that with USPS Priority
    Mail. Maybe I just had good luck.

    Sorry,
    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 14, 2004
  14. Graham Archer

    Jack Hoying Guest

    I bought the D70 guide from Thom and it arrived in just three days. I
    assume that the main reason that he uses CDs only is because once the file
    would be on the internet, I'm sure it would show up in some file sharing
    websites. There isn't any profit to be had when people are getting it for
    free. Not that someone couldn't easily upload the 67MB file once they
    bought the CD, but it isn't as likely this way.
    Jack

    Jack Hoying, Dec 27, 2004
  15. Graham Archer

    Jack Hoying, Dec 27, 2004