    off. Any ideas to fix this problem? How can I clean the off switch?

    Marcin

    , Jul 10, 2005

  2. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 10 Jul 2005 03:27:42 -0700, in rec.photo.digital wrote:

    > I took some photos in dusty conditions and my Nion D70 doesn't turn
    >off. Any ideas to fix this problem? How can I clean the off switch?

    I'd first try a little canned air duster to try and blow it out from around
    the switch. On my CP-990 switch I've used a little Radio Shack Tuner
    Cleaner/Lubricant with good results when the contacts got balky. Though I
    would recommend holding the camera so the switch is at the bottom to allow
    the cleaner to easily run out. If still under warranty, I'd give Nikon a
    call.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf, Jul 10, 2005

  3. Deedee Tee Guest

    On 10 Jul 2005 03:27:42 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    > I took some photos in dusty conditions and my Nion D70 doesn't turn
    >off. Any ideas to fix this problem? How can I clean the off switch?
    >
    >Marcin

    If the switch turns but the camera does not switch off, first try the
    hardware reset button at the bottom of the camera (just in case it is
    not a hardware problem). If this does not work, I guess it is a trip
    to the Nikon service center and a couple of weeks without your camera.
    If you got dust inside the body, best let them clean the whole camera
    as far as possible, or you are going to get more problems later.

    If the switch is stuck you -might- be able to remove the dust with
    compressed air, but you might also succeed in pushing it further into
    the camera. I would not use any liquids.

    Now you know that it is a good idea to put the camera in a plastic bag
    with an elastic keping its mouth closed around the lens barrel in
    dusty or moist conditions.

    Deedee Tee, Jul 11, 2005