    To protect the camera from damage from high voltages?
    --
    Chris

    Chris, May 23, 2004

  2. In article <zfXjATH7pNsAFwt7@[127.0.0.1]>, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]>
    wrote:

    > Nikon D70 - do you need an accessory when using hot shoe?
    > To protect the camera from damage from high voltages?

    Why, do you intend to shock the camera? The shoe is rated
    as per the manual up to 250V.

    Any Moose Poster, May 23, 2004

  3. Michael Meissner, May 23, 2004
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    In article <>, Any Moose
    Poster <Bullwinks@bullwinkle&rockie.net> writes
    >In article <zfXjATH7pNsAFwt7@[127.0.0.1]>, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]>
    >wrote:

    >> Nikon D70 - do you need an accessory when using hot shoe?
    >> To protect the camera from damage from high voltages?

    >Why, do you intend to shock the camera? The shoe is rated
    >as per the manual up to 250V.

    I had heard that there was some danger in plugging a studio flash into
    the hot shoe. Please advise if that's not true.
    --
    Chris

    Chris, May 23, 2004
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    In article <-meissners.org>, Michael Meissner
    <> writes
    >Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> writes:
    >
    >> Nikon D70 - do you need an accessory when using hot shoe?
    >> To protect the camera from damage from high voltages?

    >Unlike Canon, Nikon DSLRs allow flashes/strobes with a trigger voltage of up to
    >250 volts:
    >http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.ph
    >p?p_sid=lb2rL4ch&p_lva=&p_faqid=7349&p_created=1064859643&p_sp=cF9zcmNoP
    >SZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PWZhcXMudGl0bGUmcF9yb3dfY250PTc5JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTE5JnBfc
    >HJvZF9sdmwyPTU2JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9wYWdlPTM*&p_li=

    Thanks - a useful link.
    --
    Chris

    Chris, May 23, 2004
  6. In article <Vv6qcwPMHPsAFwLX@[127.0.0.1]>, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]>
    wrote:

    > In article <>, Any Moose
    > Poster <Bullwinks@bullwinkle&rockie.net> writes
    > >In article <zfXjATH7pNsAFwt7@[127.0.0.1]>, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]>
    > >wrote:

    > >> Nikon D70 - do you need an accessory when using hot shoe?
    > >> To protect the camera from damage from high voltages?

    > >Why, do you intend to shock the camera? The shoe is rated
    > >as per the manual up to 250V.

    > I had heard that there was some danger in plugging a studio flash into
    > the hot shoe. Please advise if that's not true.

    I can not advise as to that, I was curious,.... as most on camera flashes you should be
    Ok/ I use a remote sender on camera for my Blackline system.

    Any Moose Poster, May 23, 2004
  7. Chris

    George Guest

    "Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Any Moose
    > Poster <Bullwinks@bullwinkle&rockie.net> writes
    > >In article <zfXjATH7pNsAFwt7@[127.0.0.1]>, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]>
    > >wrote:

    > >> Nikon D70 - do you need an accessory when using hot shoe?
    > >> To protect the camera from damage from high voltages?

    > >Why, do you intend to shock the camera? The shoe is rated
    > >as per the manual up to 250V.

    > I had heard that there was some danger in plugging a studio flash into
    > the hot shoe. Please advise if that's not true.
    > --

    I have used my Bowens Prolite 100's on my D70 without any problems. As the
    other poster pointed out, the D70 is spec'd for sync voltages up to 250V. I
    forget if my Prolites are 6V or 15V, but either way I have an enormous
    amount of headroom. I cannot think of anything to watch out for that is
    peculiar to studio flashes...sync voltage is sync voltage.

    George

    George, May 28, 2004