    lenses (available in this kit) compare to the Nikor lenses? Is there
    better deals out there?

    TIA
    Phar Phoo, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Phar Phoo wrote:
    > I've been looking at the Nikon D70 for the better part of a year. My
    > wife has finally given an OK to purchase one. Imagine my surprise to
    > see the D70s and D50 available. Since these new ones are available I
    > checked to see what the "old" D70 is going for. Wolfcamera.com:
    >
    > http://www.wolfcamera.com/webapp/wc...10001&langId=-1&productId=13132052&bct=;c1009
    >
    > has an affordable (to me) price. My big question is, how do the Sigma
    > lenses (available in this kit) compare to the Nikor lenses? Is there
    > better deals out there?
    >
    > TIA

    I just got a Sigma 18-125 to go with my D70 and I'm more than happy.
    It's a fantastic piece of equipment and I'm planning on leaving
    everything else at home. The Nikkor kit lenses were compared to the
    Sigma and the review I read ( quite a few ) mentioned that the 18-125
    was equal to and in some instances better than the Nikkor kit glass. If
    you want the reviews email me and I'll dig them up for you. You won't
    regret the Sigma ;-)
    Bernard
    Bernard Rother, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Phar Phoo

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Bernard Rother wrote:

    > I just got a Sigma 18-125 to go with my D70 and I'm more than happy.
    > It's a fantastic piece of equipment and I'm planning on leaving
    > everything else at home. The Nikkor kit lenses were compared to the
    > Sigma and the review I read ( quite a few ) mentioned that the
    > 18-125 was equal to and in some instances better than the Nikkor kit
    > glass. If you want the reviews email me and I'll dig them up for
    > you. You won't regret the Sigma ;-)
    > Bernard

    I wouldn't do that, I would take the camera as well. :)
    --
    neil
    delete delete to reply
    Neil Ellwood, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > Bernard Rother wrote:
    >

    >>I just got a Sigma 18-125 to go with my D70 and I'm more than happy.
    >>It's a fantastic piece of equipment and I'm planning on leaving
    >>everything else at home. The Nikkor kit lenses were compared to the
    >>Sigma and the review I read ( quite a few ) mentioned that the
    >>18-125 was equal to and in some instances better than the Nikkor kit
    >>glass. If you want the reviews email me and I'll dig them up for
    >>you. You won't regret the Sigma ;-)
    >>Bernard

    > I wouldn't do that, I would take the camera as well. :)

    you got me there .... maybe a pair of shorts would also be a good idea
    and the flask of hot coffee and the camping chair, tripod ... hat ....CF
    cards .. batteries ... oh well, a smaller bag anyway :).
    Bernard Rother, Jun 2, 2005