    non-Ebay depreciation?

    Thanks.

    , Oct 4, 2006

  2. Bill Crocker Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
    > with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
    > should they expect to pay? These were first sold
    > 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
    > non-Ebay depreciation?
    >
    > Thanks.

    D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 4, 2006

  3. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:28:02 -0400, Bill Crocker wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
    >> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
    >> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
    >> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
    >> non-Ebay depreciation?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?
    >
    > Bill Crocker

    They are the ones that have voluntarily enlisted in one of the armed
    services - i.e. not conscripted.

    --
    Neil
    Delete l to reply

    Neil Ellwood, Oct 4, 2006
  4. Pete D Guest

    "Bill Crocker" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
    >> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
    >> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
    >> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
    >> non-Ebay depreciation?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?
    >
    > Bill Crocker

    One would assume it is the D70 cos the D70s is not two years old and with
    the kit lens, 18-70mm isn't it, that wasn't so hard was it?

    Pete D, Oct 4, 2006
  5. Bill Crocker Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill Crocker" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
    >>> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
    >>> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
    >>> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
    >>> non-Ebay depreciation?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?
    >>
    >> Bill Crocker
    >>

    > One would assume it is the D70 cos the D70s is not two years old and with
    > the kit lens, 18-70mm isn't it, that wasn't so hard was it?

    I try not to assume anything. The D70s is 1-1/2 years old, so it's close to
    being two years old in my book.

    As for a "regular" Nikon zoom lens, yes, it would relate to the 18-70mm lens
    if you were talking about what it normally was sold with. However, if
    you're talking about "regular" in terms of focal lengths, they could be
    referring to the 18-55mm lens as well.

    What I don't understand is, if you know for certain what the person was
    asking, why didn't you attempt to answer their question, rather than to find
    fault with mine?

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 4, 2006
  6. Bill Crocker Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
    > with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
    > should they expect to pay? These were first sold
    > 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
    > non-Ebay depreciation?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Based on Pete D's analogy, if it is in fact a D70, with a 18-70 kit lens,
    eBay's average selling price has been around $400-$450.

    If you do end up with a D70 (and not the D70s), make sure you apply Nikon's
    current firmware update, as it corrects some minor issues with the D70, and
    for the most part, brings it up to spec with the D70s.

    Hope this helps.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 4, 2006