    101 +

    I hope this makes sense.

    thanks

    S S, Jun 12, 2006

  2. S S

    Mike Guest

    I've only had my D50 a week (and it's my first!) but I seem to recall a
    setting in the camera to sequentially number images. Also I just installed
    Picture Project today and think there's an option to rename.renumber in the
    program, under tools>options>rename during import and also an option in
    Import.

    darkroommike

    "S S" <> wrote in message
    > I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >
    > If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will

    be
    > numbered 1 to 50.
    >
    > I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    > numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would replace
    > the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >
    > Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot

    would

    Mike, Jun 12, 2006

  3. "S S" <> wrote in message

    >I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >
    > If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will
    > be numbered 1 to 50.
    >
    > I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    > numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would replace
    > the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >
    > Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot
    > would be 51 to 100 and even if I delete them any pics taken after that
    > would be 101 +
    >
    > I hope this makes sense.

    Assuming the menu is similar to the d70s which I use, there should be a
    "setup" menu with a spanner icon, and there should be a "file no seq"
    submenu. The default seems to to be "off" which is a bit silly as I can see
    no point in increasing the risk of duplicate file names! You want to change
    this to "on" which should solve the problem.

    Adrian Boliston, Jun 12, 2006
  4. On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:36:57 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "S S"
    <> wrote:

    >I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >
    >If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will be
    >numbered 1 to 50.
    >
    >I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    >numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would replace
    >the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >
    >Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot would
    >be 51 to 100 and even if I delete them any pics taken after that would be
    >101 +

    See p. 73 of the fine manual.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jun 12, 2006
  5. S S

    Zozzer Guest

    "S S" <> wrote in message
    > I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >
    > If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will

    be
    > numbered 1 to 50.
    >
    > I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    > numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would replace
    > the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >
    > Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot

    would
    > be 51 to 100 and even if I delete them any pics taken after that would be
    > 101 +
    >
    > I hope this makes sense.
    >
    > thanks

    Take a look here, its excellent and free

    http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

    --
    Zozzer

    Zozzer, Jun 12, 2006
  6. S S

    S S Guest

    "Adrian Boliston" <> wrote in message
    > "S S" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >>
    >> If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will
    >> be numbered 1 to 50.
    >>
    >> I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    >> numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would
    >> replace the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot
    >> would be 51 to 100 and even if I delete them any pics taken after that
    >> would be 101 +
    >>
    >> I hope this makes sense.

    > Assuming the menu is similar to the d70s which I use, there should be a
    > "setup" menu with a spanner icon, and there should be a "file no seq"
    > submenu. The default seems to to be "off" which is a bit silly as I can
    > see no point in increasing the risk of duplicate file names! You want to
    > change this to "on" which should solve the problem.

    Ok I think I have it changed to on now....thanks

    S S, Jun 12, 2006
  7. S S

    S S Guest

    "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:36:57 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "S S"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >>
    >>If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will
    >>be
    >>numbered 1 to 50.
    >>
    >>I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    >>numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would replace
    >>the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >>
    >>Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot
    >>would
    >>be 51 to 100 and even if I delete them any pics taken after that would be
    >>101 +

    > See p. 73 of the fine manual.
    > --
    > Ed Ruf ()
    > http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    Thanks ED I have got it sorted but have to say I dont find the manual very
    user friendly, mind you I am probably the problem being mid 50s and losing a
    bit of the brain power these days, easily confused, just takes me a bit
    longer to get there ........................now dont get me started on
    DVD/video, does my nut in!

    But thanks again for your help.

    S S, Jun 12, 2006
  8. On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:25:53 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "S S"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks ED I have got it sorted but have to say I dont find the manual very
    >user friendly, mind you I am probably the problem being mid 50s and losing a
    >bit of the brain power these days, easily confused, just takes me a bit
    >longer to get there ........................now dont get me started on
    >DVD/video, does my nut in!
    >
    >But thanks again for your help.

    Go to the Nikon tech support site and download a PDF copy of the manual.
    You can then easily do keyword searches the next time you are looking for
    something in Acrobat Reader.

    You might also consider Thom Hogan's ebook:
    http://www.bythom.com/d50guide.htm
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jun 13, 2006
  9. S S

    Jim Guest

    "S S" <> wrote in message

    > "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:36:57 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "S S"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have searched the manual and cant find an answer to this......
    >>>
    >>>If I take say 50 pictures and download to PC into a folder the pics will
    >>>be
    >>>numbered 1 to 50.
    >>>
    >>>I then delete from the camera and take another 50 and these also will be
    >>>numbered 1 to 50, so if I download into the same folder they would
    >>>replace
    >>>the original 50 as they have the same numbers.
    >>>
    >>>Is there a way to continue the numbering sequence so that the 2nd lot
    >>>would
    >>>be 51 to 100 and even if I delete them any pics taken after that would be
    >>>101 +

    >> See p. 73 of the fine manual.
    >> --
    >> Ed Ruf ()
    >> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    > Thanks ED I have got it sorted but have to say I dont find the manual very
    > user friendly, mind you I am probably the problem being mid 50s and losing
    > a bit of the brain power these days, easily confused, just takes me a bit
    > longer to get there ........................now dont get me started on
    > DVD/video, does my nut in!
    >
    > But thanks again for your help.

    You aren't so old. I am old enough to be your father, and I found out how
    to do this without help.
    Jim

    Jim, Jun 13, 2006