    them all within the camera controls.
    Anyone out there got one that could give me some assistance on this.

    thanks
    S S, Jun 11, 2006

  2. S S wrote:
    > Ok This might sound stupid but here goes...
    >
    > I have just been given a Nikon D50 camera and for the life of me I
    > cant work out how to delete (all at once) any pictures taken. I can
    > delete them one at a time or by using a card reader delete from
    > there, I have read the instructions and I am going around in circles
    > as I cant find a way to delete them all within the camera controls.
    > Anyone out there got one that could give me some assistance on this.
    >
    > thanks

    Format the card. There should be a facility in set up to do this.
    Dennis Pogson, Jun 11, 2006

  3. S S <> wrote:
    : Ok This might sound stupid but here goes...

    : I have just been given a Nikon D50 camera and for the life of me I cant work
    : out how to delete (all at once) any pictures taken. I can delete them one at
    : a time or by using a card reader delete from there, I have read the
    : instructions and I am going around in circles as I cant find a way to delete
    : them all within the camera controls.
    : Anyone out there got one that could give me some assistance on this.

    : thanks

    I don't know with this particular camera but with two cameras from
    different manufacturers that I have pressing the trash can twice instead
    of once gives you the "delete all" option. Give it a try.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Jun 11, 2006
  4. S S

    aussie bongo Guest

    "Randy Berbaum" <> wrote in message
    >S S <> wrote:
    > : Ok This might sound stupid but here goes...
    >
    > : I have just been given a Nikon D50 camera and for the life of me I cant
    > work
    > : out how to delete (all at once) any pictures taken. I can delete them
    > one at
    > : a time or by using a card reader delete from there, I have read the
    > : instructions and I am going around in circles as I cant find a way to
    > delete
    > : them all within the camera controls.
    > : Anyone out there got one that could give me some assistance on this.
    >
    > : thanks

    go into the menu, on the screen on the back, select the arrow symble above
    the symble of a camera, then select delete, in the next menu select ALL.
    press the right arrow button, on the next screen select YES,

    bingo it is done
    aussie bongo, Jun 11, 2006
  5. S S

    S S Guest

    "aussie bongo" <> wrote in message

    > "Randy Berbaum" <> wrote in message
    >>S S <> wrote:
    >> : Ok This might sound stupid but here goes...
    >>
    >> : I have just been given a Nikon D50 camera and for the life of me I cant
    >> work
    >> : out how to delete (all at once) any pictures taken. I can delete them
    >> one at
    >> : a time or by using a card reader delete from there, I have read the
    >> : instructions and I am going around in circles as I cant find a way to
    >> delete
    >> : them all within the camera controls.
    >> : Anyone out there got one that could give me some assistance on this.
    >>
    >> : thanks
    >>

    > go into the menu, on the screen on the back, select the arrow symble above
    > the symble of a camera, then select delete, in the next menu select ALL.
    > press the right arrow button, on the next screen select YES,
    >
    > bingo it is done

    aussie bongo

    OK i got it thanks.

    S S, Jun 11, 2006
  6. On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:39:53 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "S S"
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone out there got one that could give me some assistance on this.

    For general assistance, dl a copy of the manual in PDF which is key word
    searchable and therefore much more user friendly for finding the obvious
    answers.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jun 11, 2006