    It looks like the D40 rumors are true ... Circuit City has a sale this
    week on the D50 and they are advertising it as a closeout with no
    rainchecks.

    THO, Nov 5, 2006

  2. THO

    hoover Guest

    what's the rumor? and what is CC advertising the d50 for?

    hoover, Nov 5, 2006

  3. THO

    Bill Crocker Guest

    "hoover" <> wrote in message
    > what's the rumor? and what is CC advertising the d50 for?
    >
    > "THO" <.23.invalid> wrote in message
    >> It looks like the D40 rumors are true ... Circuit City has a sale this
    >> week on the D50 and they are advertising it as a closeout with no
    >> rainchecks.

    Looks like $629.99 (with the 18-55mm DX AF-S kit lens).

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Nov 5, 2006
  4. THO

    THO Guest

    In article <TXo3h.11274$>,
    "hoover" <> wrote:

    > what's the rumor? and what is CC advertising the d50 for?
    >
    > "THO" <.23.invalid> wrote in message
    > > It looks like the D40 rumors are true ... Circuit City has a sale this
    > > week on the D50 and they are advertising it as a closeout with no
    > > rainchecks.

    The rumor is that a new body called the D40 will replace the D50. There
    are some other threads with links to photos of the body. One is on Ken
    Rockwell's site.

    THO, Nov 5, 2006
  5. THO wrote:
    > It looks like the D40 rumors are true ... Circuit City has a sale this
    > week on the D50 and they are advertising it as a closeout with no
    > rainchecks.

    The D50 . . . IS NOT DISCONTINUED ! ! ! In Canada the D40 will be sold
    in box stores, so Circuit City is likely clearing our the D50 to make
    room for the much less expensive D40 (to be announced the week of Nov
    6). I suspect you'll see other box stores in Canada and the USA follow suit.

    Not Disclosed, Nov 6, 2006