Nikon D300s is the top camera on PC World's list of Best Products of 2009

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by agvx, Nov 29, 2009.

  1. agvx

    agvx Guest

    agvx, Nov 29, 2009

  2. agvx

    ray Guest

    Re: Nikon D300s is the top camera on PC World's list of BestProducts of 2009

    On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:28:28 +0000, agvx wrote:

    > PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    >
    > Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    better and less expensive alternatives.

    ray, Nov 29, 2009

  3. Re: Nikon D300s is the top camera on PC World's list of Best Productsof 2009

    Alan Browne wrote:
    > agvx wrote:
    >> PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    >>
    >> Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    > And what camera magazine do you read when choosing computers?

    Very similar to the computer magazine one reads to choose a camera!

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Nov 29, 2009
  4. agvx

    RichA Guest

    ray wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:28:28 +0000, agvx wrote:
    >
    > > PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    > >
    > > Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    > Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    > better and less expensive alternatives.

    Uh, no there aren't. Despite its age (Yes, the s is s warmed over
    300) the camera is still the height of its class. There is nothing
    cheaper that can match it in all categories. Canon's 7D produces good
    images, but no one trusts their bodies.

    RichA, Nov 29, 2009
  5. agvx

    J. Clarke Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Alan Browne wrote:
    >> agvx wrote:
    >>> PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    >>>
    >>> Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    >> And what camera magazine do you read when choosing computers?

    > Very similar to the computer magazine one reads to choose a camera!

    However when Amazon has a significant number of reviews for a product they
    are generally worthwhile reading.

    J. Clarke, Nov 29, 2009
  6. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >ray wrote:
    >> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:28:28 +0000, agvx wrote:
    >>
    >> > PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    >> >
    >> > Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    >> Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    >> better and less expensive alternatives.

    >Uh, no there aren't.

    Uh, yes there are.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Nov 29, 2009
  7. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    agvx <> wrote:
    >PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100

    And I'm sure that PC World has quite the photo lab to objectively test
    cameras (cough).

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Nov 29, 2009
  8. agvx

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 29, 1:17 pm, Carl Beissler <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:40:41 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >ray wrote:

    > >> Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    > >> better and less expensive alternatives.

    > >Uh, no there aren't.  Despite its age (Yes, the s is s warmed over
    > >300) the camera is still the height of its class.  There is nothing
    > >cheaper that can match it in all categories.  Canon's 7D produces good
    > >images, but no one trusts their bodies.

    > I guess that's why inexpensive P&S cameras easily beat the image quality
    > from the Canon 7D DSLR
    >
    > http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/
    >
    > Judging by your discernment over what is and is not a good camera, your
    > opinion on the D300 is now also just as suspect.
    >
    > You're not much of an authority on the subject of cameras and photography,
    > are you now. Perhaps you shouldn't post again until you get some real-life
    > experience with either topic.

    Whackjob. I've used the D300 for almost 2 years and it's no crappy
    P&S like you probably use.

    RichA, Nov 30, 2009
  9. agvx

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 29, 2:35 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:
    >
    > >ray wrote:

    > >> Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    > >> better and less expensive alternatives.

    > >Uh, no there aren't.

    > Uh, yes there are.
    >
    > --
    > Ray Fischer

    Oh this I HAVE to read. Which are the cheaper, better alternatives?

    RichA, Nov 30, 2009
  10. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Nov 29, 2:35 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:

    >> >Uh, no there aren't.

    >> Uh, yes there are.

    >Oh this I HAVE to read. Which are the cheaper, better alternatives?

    Let's see you define "better" first, idiot. And no, it is not the
    same as whatever brand arouses YOU.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Nov 30, 2009
  11. agvx

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 29, 11:20 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:

    > >> Uh, yes there are.

    > >Oh this I HAVE to read.  Which are the cheaper, better alternatives?

    > Let's see you define "better" first, idiot.  And no, it is not the
    > same as whatever brand arouses YOU.
    >
    > --
    > Ray Fischer

    Intellectual bankruptcy again I see.

    RichA, Nov 30, 2009
  12. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Nov 29, 11:20 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:

    >> >Oh this I HAVE to read.  Which are the cheaper, better alternatives?

    >> Let's see you define "better" first, idiot.  And no, it is not the
    >> same as whatever brand arouses YOU.

    >Intellectual bankruptcy again I see.

    LOL! The rightard runs away! "Best" really is supposed to be whatever
    he says it is.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Nov 30, 2009
  13. agvx

    whisky-dave Guest

    > On 2009-11-29 11:36:51 -0800, (Ray Fischer) said:
    >
    >> agvx <> wrote:
    >>> PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100

    >> And I'm sure that PC World has quite the photo lab to objectively test
    >> cameras (cough).

    > Hey!
    > There are always those discerning publications, Popular Mechanics &
    > Outdoors Magazine to provide comprehensive tests and reviews of all
    > consumer items, including cameras, vehicles, computers, shoe inserts, and
    > much, much more.
    >
    > All without the bias of product placement kickbacks. :)

    I wonder why that don;t advertise cameras like the do sports cars,
    i.e with scantily clad models all over them, it'd be much more appropriate
    than having them on car bonnets/boots.
    Not that it'll give us an idea of which camera is best but it'd make the
    reviews (cough)
    more entertaining. @-)

    whisky-dave, Nov 30, 2009
  14. agvx

    nospam Guest

    <http://nikonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/nikon-ad.jpg>
    <http://nikonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/preview_600_796.jpg>
    <http://www.adrants.com/images/nikon-s60-twosome.jpg>
    <http://www.bilerico.com/2009/05/nikonsexism.jpg>

    nospam, Nov 30, 2009
  15. agvx

    Chris H Guest

    In message <>, agvx
    <> writes
    >PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    >
    >Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    I don't see how something released so recently can be on a Best Product
    List as no one has really had time to assess it and use it. The reviews
    are at best preliminary evaluations.

    Chris H, Nov 30, 2009
  16. agvx

    Rich Guest

    On Nov 30, 8:38 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:

    > >> Let's see you define "better" first, idiot.  And no, it is not the
    > >> same as whatever brand arouses YOU.

    > >Intellectual bankruptcy again I see.

    > LOL!  The rightard runs away!  "Best" really is supposed to be whatever
    > he says it is.
    >
    > --
    > Ray Fischer

    Best AF.
    Best control of all functions.
    Best body.

    Rich, Nov 30, 2009
  17. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >On Nov 30, 8:38 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:

    >> >Intellectual bankruptcy again I see.

    >> LOL!  The rightard runs away!  "Best" really is supposed to be whatever
    >> he says it is.

    >Best AF.

    Show your evidence and then explain how that makes it the best camera.

    >Best control of all functions.

    Pure opinion.

    >Best body.

    Only because you say so.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Dec 1, 2009
  18. agvx

    Bob Larter Guest

    RichA wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:28:28 +0000, agvx wrote:
    >>
    >>> PC World Top 100: http://tr.im/PCWorld100
    >>>
    >>> Amazon.com customer reviews: http://tr.im/D300sReviews

    >> Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    >> better and less expensive alternatives.

    > Uh, no there aren't. Despite its age (Yes, the s is s warmed over
    > 300) the camera is still the height of its class. There is nothing
    > cheaper that can match it in all categories. Canon's 7D produces good
    > images, but no one trusts their bodies.

    Not that you have a bias against Canon...

    Bob Larter, Dec 1, 2009
  19. agvx

    Bob Larter Guest

    Carl Beissler wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:40:41 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> ray wrote:

    >>> Considering the astuteness of the average consumer, there must be many
    >>> better and less expensive alternatives.

    >> Uh, no there aren't. Despite its age (Yes, the s is s warmed over
    >> 300) the camera is still the height of its class. There is nothing
    >> cheaper that can match it in all categories. Canon's 7D produces good
    >> images, but no one trusts their bodies.

    > I guess that's why inexpensive P&S cameras easily beat the image quality
    > from the Canon 7D DSLR
    >
    > http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

    The geniuses at that site used Live-view to focus the DSLRS. Given that
    they negated the phase-based focusing system, it's not much of a
    surprise that the images were soft.

    Bob Larter, Dec 1, 2009
  20. agvx

    Bob Larter Guest

    nospam wrote:
    > In article <hf0jeh$8hh$1@qmul>, whisky-dave
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder why that don;t advertise cameras like the do sports cars,
    >> i.e with scantily clad models all over them, it'd be much more appropriate
    >> than having them on car bonnets/boots.

    > <http://nikonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/nikon-ad.jpg>
    > <http://nikonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/preview_600_796.jpg>
    > <http://www.adrants.com/images/nikon-s60-twosome.jpg>