    and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 15, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    Another worthless Rita troll.... yawn!!! zzzzzzzzzzz!

    PixelPix, Jan 15, 2008

  3. Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
    > floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a
    > professional
    > sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
    > few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
    > system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
    > and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
    > performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
    > and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>

    Is this a serious post?

    --
    Father Mac

    I am not a photographer I am just someone who enjoys taking photos.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermoon/

    Father McKenzie, Jan 15, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    Colin_D Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
    > floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a
    > professional
    > sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
    > few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
    > system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
    > and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
    > performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
    > and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    I sincerely hope you don't drive when you're like this!!!

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Jan 15, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:18:18 +1100, Father McKenzie
    <> wrote:

    >Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
    >> floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a
    >> professional
    >> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
    >> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
    >> system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
    >> and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
    >> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
    >> and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
    >>

    >Is this a serious post?

    I'm sure it is. A serious poke in the eye to her critics.

    Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 15, 2008
  6. Rita Berkowitz

    Charles Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:14:17 -0500, "Rita Berkowitz"
    <> wrote:

    >At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
    >floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a professional
    >sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
    >few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
    >system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
    >and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
    >performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
    >and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
    >
    ><http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
    >

    >Rita

    why not just fix the lens?

    http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs....itemKey=30137567&infoParam.picGroupKey=92020

    Charles, Jan 15, 2008
  7. Re: Another worthless Rita troll.... yawn!!! zzzzzzzzzzz!

    PixelPix wrote:

    >> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black
    >> Nikkor floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me
    >> a professional sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to
    >> help. He changed a few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain
    >> access to an extended menu system, probably some type of service
    >> menu. He blasted off about 30 shots and WOW! Then it was my turn.
    >> The D3 now seems to have an added level of performance I was missing
    >> out on before. The focus is much more responsive and deadly sharp.
    >> The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
    >>
    >> http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm

    At least I got the exposure almost right! All I need now is for Mark to
    give me a color count and show me them spider pics again and my night will
    be complete.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 15, 2008
  8. tony cooper wrote:

    >> Is this a serious post?

    > I'm sure it is. A serious poke in the eye to her critics.
    >
    > Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    You noticed that too?

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 15, 2008
  9. Rita Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    Rita's humor doesn't cover the established stench of troll...

    On Jan 15, 12:39 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:18:18 +1100, Father McKenzie
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > >> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
    > >> floating around in a sea of white lenses.  Fortunately for me a
    > >> professional
    > >> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help.  He changed a
    > >> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
    > >> system, probably some type of service menu.  He blasted off about 30 shots
    > >> and WOW!  Then it was my turn.  The D3 now seems to have an added level of
    > >> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
    > >> and deadly sharp.  The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!

    > >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>

    > >Is this a serious post?

    > I'm sure it is.  A serious poke in the eye to her critics.
    >
    > Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
    Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc.... get tiresome by
    the 10th rerun. Unfortunately Rita's Nikon/Canon pissing match is in
    it's 1000+ rerun and there is simply no more humor to be found with
    it. Sure if this was a "once every now and then" kinda joke we would
    all have a giggle, but Rita has the runs on the board as a Nikon troll
    and subjects these groups to this tiresome crap day after day after
    day after day after day after... well, you get the idea.

    PixelPix, Jan 15, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 14, 9:39 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    Where is the humor in posting crappy pic after crappy pic?
    Who is Rita trying to become .... D-Mac?

    Annika1980, Jan 15, 2008
  11. Annika1980 wrote:

    >> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    > Where is the humor in posting crappy pic after crappy pic?

    That's what I keep asking you about your posting of crappy composite after
    crappy composite.

    > Who is Rita trying to become .... D-Mac?

    No, you.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 15, 2008
  12. Re: Rita's humor doesn't cover the established stench of troll...

    PixelPix wrote:

    >> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    > Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
    > Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc....

    That's utter bullshit about getting tired of the Three Stooges! Seems you
    need to watch the episodes with Curley in them. He set the bar so high
    every comedian tried to copy his style.

    As for a Nikon vs Canon war, I aint fighting one. I like both brands and
    own(ed) equipment from both manufacturers. I still just prefer shooting
    Nikon even though I found the Mk III and 500/4L IS a decent combo, and sadly
    no, the 500/4L IS isn't as good as Nikon's version. I wouldn't shoot WA
    with Canon, that's for sure. And since the D3 came out there's no reason
    for me using Canon since the Mk III was mostly shot with Nikkors on it.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 15, 2008
  13. Rita Berkowitz

    Herbi Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:04:39 -0800 (PST), PixelPix <> wrote:

    > <SNIP>

    Why not just laugh at it and introduce her to your kill file
    move on and make the most of what's left of your life?

    Herbi.

    Herbi, Jan 15, 2008
  14. Rita Berkowitz

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Rita's humor doesn't cover the established stench of troll...

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:41:52 -0800 (PST), PixelPix
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 15, 12:39 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:18:18 +1100, Father McKenzie
    >>

    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Is this a serious post?

    >> I'm sure it is.  A serious poke in the eye to her critics.
    >>
    >> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?
    >>

    >Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
    >Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc.... get tiresome by
    >the 10th rerun. Unfortunately Rita's Nikon/Canon pissing match

    The required number of combatants in a pissing match is two or more.
    If there's only one, it's one person pissing into the wind.

    You are one of the other combatants in most of the threads about
    Rita's pix. You're part of it. A contributing factor. The element
    that makes it a "match" and not a spray of piss in the wind. You
    never seem too tired of it to stay in your corner.

    Keep it up, though. Without you and the others who get in high
    dudgeon when she posts, she'll lose interest and go away. I don't
    want that.

    I like some of Rita's photographs. Not all; there's only so much you
    can do with a chocolate lab as a subject. She needs new friends or
    new pets. I also like Annika's photographs. The gull was a great
    shot and technically very sound. But a static image...a frozen gull.
    The kingfisher was great. It looked like it was ready to take off.
    You could almost feel it tremble.

    I used to read this group, but I dropped out and only came back
    recently. Since I've been back, though, I've never noticed a link to
    one of your photographs. Are you a photographer *and* critic, or just
    a critic? Too shy, or too bothered by the heat in the kitchen?

    >is in
    >it's 1000+ rerun and there is simply no more humor to be found with
    >it. Sure if this was a "once every now and then" kinda joke we would
    >all have a giggle, but Rita has the runs on the board as a Nikon troll
    >and subjects these groups to this tiresome crap day after day after
    >day after day after day after... well, you get the idea.

    This is the third or fourth newsgroup where I've seen Rita's posts. I
    had "the idea" a long time ago. She comes, she plays, she has fun.
    Isn't that the object of participating in newsgroups? That, and
    asking a question about something you don't know or answering a
    question about something you do know?

    Why are you here if not for that?

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 15, 2008
  15. Rita Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jan 15, 2:27 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:41:52 -0800 (PST), PixelPix
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Jan 15, 12:39 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> I'm sure it is.  A serious poke in the eye to her critics.

    > >> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    > >Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
    > >Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc.... get tiresome by
    > >the 10th rerun.  Unfortunately Rita's Nikon/Canon pissing match

    > The required number of combatants in a pissing match is two or more.
    > If there's only one, it's one person pissing into the wind.
    >
    > You are one of the other combatants in most of the threads about
    > Rita's pix.  You're part of it.   A contributing factor.  The element
    > that makes it a "match" and not a spray of piss in the wind.  You
    > never seem too tired of it to stay in your corner.

    Have a good read of this NG and I think you will find most people (inc
    me) stay out out of the Canon v Nikon pissing match and are will to
    accept that there is good & bad equipment from both camps. Mostly we
    deal with the images and their content as presented. It is Rita who's
    every post must be accompanied by the troll factor.

    > Keep it up, though.  Without you and the others who get in high
    > dudgeon when she posts, she'll lose interest and go away.  I don't
    > want that.
    >
    > I like some of Rita's photographs.  Not all; there's only so much you
    > can do with a chocolate lab as a subject.  She needs new friends or
    > new pets.  I also like Annika's photographs.  The gull was a great
    > shot and technically very sound.  But a static image...a frozen gull.
    > The kingfisher was great.  It looked like it was ready to take off.
    > You could almost feel it tremble.
    >
    > I used to read this group, but I dropped out and only came back
    > recently.  Since I've been back, though, I've never noticed a link to
    > one of your photographs.  Are you a photographer *and* critic, or just
    > a critic?  Too shy, or too bothered by the heat in the kitchen?

    You can't be looking too hard!

    > >is in
    > >it's 1000+ rerun and there is simply no more humor to be found with
    > >it.  Sure if this was a "once every now and then" kinda joke we would
    > >all have a giggle, but Rita has the runs on the board as a Nikon troll
    > >and subjects these groups to this tiresome crap day after day after
    > >day after day after day after... well, you get the idea.

    > This is the third or fourth newsgroup where I've seen Rita's posts.  I
    > had "the idea" a long time ago.  She comes, she plays, she has fun.
    > Isn't that the object of participating in newsgroups?

    I'm all for that, but trolling is not the way to do it.

    > That, and
    > asking a question about something you don't know or answering a
    > question about something you do know?

    Will be a cold day in hell when Rita does either.

    PixelPix, Jan 15, 2008
  16. Rita Berkowitz

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:48:40 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 14, 9:39 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    >Where is the humor in posting crappy pic after crappy pic?
    >Who is Rita trying to become .... D-Mac?

    You do good work, Annika. Your photographs are more interesting than
    your critiques.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 15, 2008
  17. Rita Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jan 15, 2:02 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > PixelPix wrote:
    > >> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

    > > Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
    > > Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc....

    > That's utter bullshit about getting tired of the Three Stooges!  Seems you
    > need to watch the episodes with Curley in them.  He set the bar so high
    > every comedian tried to copy his style.

    To be honest I have never found them funny in the slightest.... I have
    always thought it must be "nation" thing, where as it's a brand of
    humor that the US likes. Kinda like the Mickey Mouse thing..... when
    I was first in Disney World I was amazed by the crowds going
    absolutely wild at the mere site of a Mickey Mouse "costume
    character", or a flip'n "cartoon" on screen. All of our group just
    looked at each other and went "What the....?" and used the distraction
    to get the "early in" on the rides. lol

    PixelPix, Jan 15, 2008
  18. Rita Berkowitz

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Rita's humor doesn't cover the established stench of troll...

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:48:30 -0800 (PST), PixelPix
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 15, 2:27 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:41:52 -0800 (PST), PixelPix

    >Have a good read of this NG and I think you will find most people (inc
    >me) stay out out of the Canon v Nikon pissing match and are will to
    >accept that there is good & bad equipment from both camps. Mostly we
    >deal with the images and their content as presented. It is Rita who's
    >every post must be accompanied by the troll factor.

    Ah, c'mon. The pissing match isn't just over Canon vs Nikon. You're
    still in the pissing match whether or not you mention equipment.

    >> Keep it up, though.  Without you and the others who get in high
    >> dudgeon when she posts, she'll lose interest and go away.  I don't
    >> want that.
    >>
    >> I like some of Rita's photographs.  Not all; there's only so much you
    >> can do with a chocolate lab as a subject.  She needs new friends or
    >> new pets.  I also like Annika's photographs.  The gull was a great
    >> shot and technically very sound.  But a static image...a frozen gull.
    >> The kingfisher was great.  It looked like it was ready to take off.
    >> You could almost feel it tremble.
    >>
    >> I used to read this group, but I dropped out and only came back
    >> recently.  Since I've been back, though, I've never noticed a link to
    >> one of your photographs.  Are you a photographer *and* critic, or just
    >> a critic?  Too shy, or too bothered by the heat in the kitchen?

    >You can't be looking too hard!

    I just reviewed all of your posts that are in what Agent shows me of
    your posts. No links. I'll keep watching.

    >I'm all for that, but trolling is not the way to do it.

    So "Looney" is? "Crappy pictures" is?

    >> That, and
    >> asking a question about something you don't know or answering a
    >> question about something you do know?

    >Will be a cold day in hell when Rita does either.

    It's been in the 70s here during the days, and Rita answered a
    question for me just last week.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 15, 2008
  19. Rita Berkowitz

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Rita's humor doesn't cover the established stench of troll...

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:58:27 -0800 (PST), PixelPix
    <> wrote:

    >> > Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
    >> > Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc....

    >> That's utter bullshit about getting tired of the Three Stooges!  Seems you
    >> need to watch the episodes with Curley in them.  He set the bar so high
    >> every comedian tried to copy his style.

    >To be honest I have never found them funny in the slightest.

    I shuddered when you mentioned Benny Hill in the same sentence with
    "humor".

    Combining threads here...The Chasers did a bit some time back on
    airport security. No mention of digital cameras, though.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 15, 2008
  20. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    Re: Another worthless Rita troll.... yawn!!! zzzzzzzzzzz!

    OFF Topic, just for Rita.

    I can't be bothered to look at your image, so no comment from me about
    that. But I don't like LIARs...

    On Jan 15, 1:18 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > All I need now is for Mark to
    > give me a color count

    Yes, that colour count *was* embarrassing for you, when it showed how
    horribly biased you are towards your own snapshots.

    > and show me them spider pics again and my night will
    > be complete.

    Rita, those spider pics were posted to a thread about (yes, you
    guessed it..) - spiders. They had nothing to do with you, nor did I
    show them to you. YOU brought them up and reposted the links several
    times - presumably to demonstrate how awful my photography was...? If
    not, why?

    Nobody else complained about them, and as usual you don't critique or
    offer specific complaints or suggestions for improvement, just
    insults..

    So let me repeat that - I *didn't* show them to you. Which makes you,
    "Rita Berkowitz" a LIAR, as well as an attention seeking, incompetent
    photographer.

    I notice you ran like a coward from the other threads.. But Tony
    thinks your stuff is great, so do keep posting for him! Although also
    I notice that even he refrains from praising your work...

    (O:

    , Jan 15, 2008