    is pushing many cameras towards obsolescence, even Canon's new flagship
    models.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 6, 2007

  2. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    On Dec 6, 2:24 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > even Canon's new flagship models.
    >
    > Rita

    yeah right! LOL

    PixelPix, Dec 6, 2007

  3. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Douglas Guest

    "PixelPix" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    On Dec 6, 2:24 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > even Canon's new flagship models.
    >
    > Rita

    yeah right! LOL

    I don't like to point this out - having a D3 on order BUT...
    Nikon's favourite child, Ken Rockwell (LOL) has conceded the D3 pictures
    aren't as sharp as a 5D image!

    I rather like Nikon's High ISO noise. It looks more like film grain than
    Canon noise and it seems to provide more detail at high ISO than a 5D does.
    Interesting that the D3 is 3 times the price of a 5D but as far as can be
    derived from early tests, isn't all that much better than a 5D.

    Early days, time will tell as this saga of the great saviour of anti
    Canonites starts to show it colours (and what colours they are too!). There
    is a "D2x" setting on the new camera so it's images won't look too radically
    different. I'm personally not impressed by over saturated colour. I mean how
    many degrees of red are there?

    Douglas

    Douglas, Dec 6, 2007
  4. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Fat-ass troll.

    Rita's fat ass is obsolete.

    Kinon O'Cann, Dec 6, 2007
  5. Douglas wrote:

    > I don't like to point this out - having a D3 on order BUT...
    > Nikon's favourite child, Ken Rockwell (LOL) has conceded the D3
    > pictures aren't as sharp as a 5D image!

    That's good, because whatever he says you know it is nothing more than
    bullshit to generate web hits. It'll be fine, that I'm certain of. Now if
    only the damn D3 would arrive!

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 6, 2007
  6. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > Douglas wrote:
    >
    >> I don't like to point this out - having a D3 on order BUT...
    >> Nikon's favourite child, Ken Rockwell (LOL) has conceded the D3
    >> pictures aren't as sharp as a 5D image!

    Yeah. Gospel. Well, at least he shot JPGS at default settings.

    Kinon O'Cann, Dec 6, 2007
  7. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    On Dec 7, 3:11 am, "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > Douglas wrote:
    > > I don't like to point this out - having a D3 on order BUT...
    > > Nikon's favourite child, Ken Rockwell (LOL) has conceded the D3
    > > pictures aren't as sharp as a 5D image!

    > That's good, because whatever he says you know it is nothing more than
    > bullshit to generate web hits. It'll be fine, that I'm certain of. Now if
    > only the damn D3 would arrive!
    >
    > Rita

    Perhaps the D3 has made delivery drivers obsolete too? LOL

    PixelPix, Dec 6, 2007
  8. PixelPix wrote:

    >> That's good, because whatever he says you know it is nothing more
    >> than bullshit to generate web hits. It'll be fine, that I'm certain
    >> of. Now if only the damn D3 would arrive!

    > Perhaps the D3 has made delivery drivers obsolete too? LOL

    LOL! That's funny and probably true. The good news is the 18-month pop-up
    timer doesn't activate till you receive the Damn D3. Kinda wish I held onto
    the Mk III a little longer, but it was temping fate. Once the D3 is readily
    available the Mk III will probably devalue quicker a Chrysler K-car.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 6, 2007
  9. I'm not,

    I'm keeping the D2Xs for 2nd body and thinking about buying another one for
    a remote cam.

    Hanging out for Saturday to shoot basketball in low light with the D3 w00t.

    Mick Brown

    On 6/12/07 3:24 PM, in article , "Rita Ä

    Michael Brown, Dec 6, 2007
  10. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:57:51 -0500, Kinon O'Cann ruled:

    > Rita's fat ass is obsolete.

    You've been using it for more than 18 months?

    ASAAR, Dec 7, 2007
  11. Re: Fat-ass troll.

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:57:51 -0500, Kinon O'Cann ruled:
    >
    >> Rita's fat ass is obsolete.

    > You've been using it for more than 18 months?

    LOL, ROTFL!
    Don't do that while I'm drinking coffee! You owe me a new keyboard and a
    thourough cleaning of the monitor.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Dec 7, 2007
  12. Re: Fat-ass troll.

    Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > ASAAR wrote:
    >> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:57:51 -0500, Kinon O'Cann ruled:
    >>
    >>> Rita's fat ass is obsolete.

    >> You've been using it for more than 18 months?

    > LOL, ROTFL!
    > Don't do that while I'm drinking coffee! You owe me a new keyboard and a
    > thourough cleaning of the monitor.
    >
    > jue

    I'm going to go into replacement keyboards and monitor cleaning. Not a
    day goes by without someone ruining a keyboard and spitting coffee while
    reading usenet

    The Vintage Monk, Dec 7, 2007
  13. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    On Dec 7, 2:18 pm, The Vintage Monk <>
    wrote:
    > Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > > ASAAR wrote:
    > >> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:57:51 -0500, Kinon O'Cann ruled:

    > >> You've been using it for more than 18 months?

    > > LOL, ROTFL!
    > > Don't do that while I'm drinking coffee! You owe me a new keyboard and a
    > > thourough cleaning of the monitor.

    > > jue

    > I'm going to go into replacement keyboards and monitor cleaning.

    ....with the amount of porn available on the net, is that REALLY
    something you want to be doing? LOL

    PixelPix, Dec 7, 2007
  14. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:16:54 GMT, Jürgen Exner wrote:

    >>> Rita's fat ass is obsolete.

    >> You've been using it for more than 18 months?

    > LOL, ROTFL!
    > Don't do that while I'm drinking coffee! You owe me a new keyboard and a
    > thourough cleaning of the monitor.

    I don't have any new ones, but there are plenty of good, used
    keyboards here. But all on the wrong side of 18 months. :)

    ASAAR, Dec 7, 2007
  15. Michael Brown wrote:

    > I'm keeping the D2Xs for 2nd body and thinking about buying another
    > one for a remote cam.

    I agree that it is a sweet deal especially when they are dropping to $1,400
    USD on the East Coast. Even at $1,400 it might be a smarter move to get a
    D300 for a few more dollars instead.

    > Hanging out for Saturday to shoot basketball in low light with the D3
    > w00t.

    That ought to be nice. I can't wait to see them.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 7, 2007
  16. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:57:05 -0500, ASAAR <> wrote:
    : On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:16:54 GMT, Jürgen Exner wrote:
    :
    : >>> Rita's fat ass is obsolete.
    : >>
    : >> You've been using it for more than 18 months?
    : >
    : > LOL, ROTFL!
    : > Don't do that while I'm drinking coffee! You owe me a new keyboard and a
    : > thourough cleaning of the monitor.
    :
    : I don't have any new ones, but there are plenty of good, used
    : keyboards here. But all on the wrong side of 18 months. :)

    The keyboard on which I'm typing this was manufactured on October 30, 1986.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Dec 7, 2007
  17. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:36:05 -0500, Robert Coe wrote:

    > : I don't have any new ones, but there are plenty of good, used
    > : keyboards here. But all on the wrong side of 18 months. :)
    >
    > The keyboard on which I'm typing this was manufactured on October 30, 1986.

    My favorite (though not built nearly as well as some older IBMs)
    were Gateway2000 keyboards from the mid 1990s. Large and cheap,
    they had a very nice hardware based macro capability, and the cursor
    keys allowed much quicker game action than most others. Northgate
    keyboards were also much liked, but I never got a chance to use any.
    The keyboard I'm using with my 1 1/2 year old HP computer has a
    particularly bad feel to it. Creaky, straining plastic parts that
    show that the designers were more concerned with HP's bottom line
    than user satisfaction.

    ASAAR, Dec 7, 2007
  18. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:00:25 -0500, ASAAR <> wrote:
[...]

    I once accidentally poured coffee on one of my old IBMs. It quit working, of
    course, so I propped it in a corner of my office to dry out. After six months,
    it again worked perfectly.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Dec 8, 2007
  19. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Allen Guest

    Re: Fat-ass troll.

    Robert Coe wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    > I once accidentally poured coffee on one of my old IBMs. It quit working, of
    > course, so I propped it in a corner of my office to dry out. After six months,
    > it again worked perfectly.
    >
    > Bob

    I have never poured coffee on a keyboard, but it can be dangerous around
    a computer. Way back when, in the 5.25" diskette days and before the XT
    with its hard disk, one of my employees managed to pour coffee on a
    diskette which contained data from a project she had been working on for
    several days. She was totally distraught. I used an Xacto knife to cut
    of a very narrow strip from the top and carefully removed the medium. I
    washed it very carefully with plain water, took a new diskette, cut that
    same strip from it and replaced the medium in it with the data-laden
    medium (thoroughly dry, of course). It read without a hitch, but I
    immediately copied the data to a virgin diskette. She from that day on
    was extremely careful about stuff that she had anywhere around her PC.
    Allen

    Allen, Dec 8, 2007
  20. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    John Sheehy Guest

    > Because they are getting sub-$2,000 offers for their used equipment.
    > A lot of them are now wishing they followed the 18-month rule. Seems
    > the new D3 is pushing many cameras towards obsolescence, even Canon's
    > new flagship models.

    Canon's new models are great cameras. How can the D3's 12 MP compare to
    the 1DSmk3's 22MP? Let's not get carried away.

    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    John Sheehy, Dec 10, 2007