    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
    read only a page."

    Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

    John A. Stovall, Dec 26, 2004

  2. John A. Stovall

    TAFKAB Guest

    Check the retailers and see. Last I saw, it was just under $2K US).

    TAFKAB, Dec 26, 2004

  3. John A. Stovall

    Musty Guest

    > I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
    >
    > Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
    > case.

    > "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
    > read only a page."
    >
    > Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

    I dont think this is true - if it were I would buy a few since even used
    ones are selling on EBay for almost $2K.

    Could it be a "bait and switch" operation?? Do you have a link?

    Musty, Dec 26, 2004
  4. John A. Stovall

    Paul Rubin Guest

    No, USD 2000. See www.bhphoto.com for example.

    > Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
    > case.

    Even at $2000 it still starts looking like a D70 alternative. It's
    really a much more serious camera.

    Paul Rubin, Dec 26, 2004
  5. On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:38:22 GMT, "Musty" <> wrote:

    >"John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    >> I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
    >>
    >> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
    >> case.
    >>

    >> *******************************************************
    >>
    >> "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
    >> read only a page."
    >>
    >> Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

    >I dont think this is true - if it were I would buy a few since even used
    >ones are selling on EBay for almost $2K.
    >
    >Could it be a "bait and switch" operation?? Do you have a link?

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=11583163

    "We're not fighting for slaves.
    Most of us never owned slaves and never expect to,
    It takes money to buy a slave and we're most of us poor,
    But we won't lie down and let the North walk over us
    About slaves or anything else."

    Confederate Soldiers
    _John Brown' Body_
    a book length poem
    by Stephen Vincent Benét
    1926

    John A. Stovall, Dec 26, 2004
  6. On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:38:22 GMT, "Musty" <> wrote:

    >"John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    >> I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
    >>
    >> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
    >> case.
    >>

    >> *******************************************************
    >>
    >> "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
    >> read only a page."
    >>
    >> Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

    >I dont think this is true - if it were I would buy a few since even used
    >ones are selling on EBay for almost $2K.
    >
    >Could it be a "bait and switch" operation?? Do you have a link?

    And here locally at under 2000.

    http://www.arlingtoncamera.com/price_list_2.htm#PRO DIGITAL

    I'm in Texas..

    International War Veterans' Poetry Archives

    http://iwvpa.net/stovalja/nelson__.htm

    John A. Stovall, Dec 26, 2004
  7. "Paul Rubin" <http://> wrote in message

    > Even at $2000 it still starts looking like a D70 alternative. It's
    > really a much more serious camera.

    Yes, but. Which one would you rather sling over your shoulder for a walk in
    the park?

    Andrew Koenig, Dec 27, 2004
  8. John A. Stovall

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Andrew Koenig" <> writes:
    > > Even at $2000 it still starts looking like a D70 alternative. It's
    > > really a much more serious camera.

    > Yes, but. Which one would you rather sling over your shoulder for a
    > walk in the park?

    I'd likely use my Canon S100 for that. I do see your point, though
    I think a D2H is no heavier than an F3/MD4 which I've lugged around
    in the past.

    I also think of the Pentax *ist DS because of its small size. It wouldn't
    use any of my Nikon-mount MF lenses, but MF Pentax lenses are dirt cheap.

    Paul Rubin, Dec 27, 2004