    thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    What's going on?

    Uncle Ron, Feb 10, 2006

  2. months, it's definitely Uncle Ron wrote:

    > I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    > Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    > where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    > thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    > I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    > What's going on?

    I got mine just before Christmas and am sorry I didn't buy a few more since
    they are still commanding a higher than MSRP on eBay. The answer you seek
    is on eBay and you are not going to like it. It seems like eBay seller
    Camata and a few other are getting the "lion's" share of them. While people
    are still willing to insanely and foolishly pay over MSRP you will not see a
    D200 any time soon. If you must have a D200 now you might want to try
    Cameta since they are a reputable dealer. If I were you I would hold tight
    a few more months since it is worth it. Good luck.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Uncle Ron

    SMS Guest

    Uncle Ron wrote:
    > I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    > Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    > where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    > thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    > I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    > What's going on?

    People have been waiting for this camera for more than two years, so
    there is tremendous pent up demand. Be patient. As with most new
    equipment, the later production runs are better.

    SMS, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Uncle Ron

    Gary Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:53:56 -0800, SMS <>
    wrote:

    >Uncle Ron wrote:
    >> I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    >> Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    >> where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    >> thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    >> I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    >> What's going on?

    >People have been waiting for this camera for more than two years, so
    >there is tremendous pent up demand. Be patient. As with most new
    >equipment, the later production runs are better.

    Local shops here in So. Cal are starting to get them (kit). I picked
    one up 2 weeks ago. Had to pay tax and full price, but I have it.
    Where are you in the world?

    Gary, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Uncle Ron

    Krypto Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:39:32 GMT, Gary <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:53:56 -0800, SMS <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Uncle Ron wrote:
    >>> I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    >>> Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    >>> where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    >>> thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    >>> I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    >>> What's going on?

    >>People have been waiting for this camera for more than two years, so
    >>there is tremendous pent up demand. Be patient. As with most new
    >>equipment, the later production runs are better.

    >Local shops here in So. Cal are starting to get them (kit). I picked
    >one up 2 weeks ago. Had to pay tax and full price, but I have it.
    >Where are you in the world?

    Cameta Camera on EBay has a 'buy it now' auction for the D200 with
    18-70mm lens kit for $2,089.73. The same out of stock kit from B&H is
    $2,079.95. Only $10 bucks less than Ebay and No Stock at B&H. Auction
    ends 2hrs from now. Keep checking Ebay and you will get what you want
    and for the right price, but you might need some patience.

    I bought the equally scarce Nikon 18-200mm DX VR for the same price
    that I would have to pay if I waited for stock to arrive at Henry's in
    Toronto. Only a few bucks more than B&H. (if they had stock)

    The prices for the D200 auction might be slightly different from my
    figures because I saw this on Ebay.ca in Canadian dollars. I used a
    currency converter to get my numbers but it should be very close.

    I see a lot of posts with people saying Ebay sucks. I always get what
    I want at great prices. The key is patience. Check the sellers
    feedback rating. Most Ebay sellers will go to great lengths to keep
    you happy. No one wants negative feedback. Sellers like Cameta Camera
    won't rip you off.

    Krypto, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Uncle Ron

    Tsquared Guest

    Uncle Ron wrote:
    > I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    > Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    > where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    > thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    > I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    > What's going on?

    I ordered mine the 15th of November from Adorama and haven't seen it.
    Have checked many other dealers, and amost everyone is selling gray
    market- not Nikon's USA warranty. It takes a while to get it out of
    them. I have spoken to Ritz/wolf several times, and they always say
    1-2 or 3-4 weeks.

    Tsquared, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Uncle Ron

    Cynicor Guest

    Tsquared wrote:
    > Uncle Ron wrote:
    >
    >>I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    >>Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    >>where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    >>thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    >>I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    >>What's going on?

    > I ordered mine the 15th of November from Adorama and haven't seen it.
    > Have checked many other dealers, and amost everyone is selling gray
    > market- not Nikon's USA warranty. It takes a while to get it out of
    > them. I have spoken to Ritz/wolf several times, and they always say
    > 1-2 or 3-4 weeks.

    Even when they're selling Nikon USA warranties, they're not. Thanks,
    hotbuyselectronics.com!

    Cynicor, Feb 24, 2006
  8. Uncle Ron

    dh Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    | Tsquared wrote:
    | > Uncle Ron wrote:
    | >
    | >>I ordered mine on December 12th. from Adorama. Still no camera :-(
    | >>Anybody know what's going on with supply? I have read other posts
    | >>where people ordered later and have already gotten delivery. I'm
    | >>thinking about cancelling with Adorama and getting in line at Ritz.
    | >>I've heard they are getting the lion's share of supply. Anybody?
    | >>What's going on?
    | >

    | > I ordered mine the 15th of November from Adorama and haven't seen it.
    | > Have checked many other dealers, and amost everyone is selling gray
    | > market- not Nikon's USA warranty. It takes a while to get it out of
    | > them. I have spoken to Ritz/wolf several times, and they always say
    | > 1-2 or 3-4 weeks.
    |
    | Even when they're selling Nikon USA warranties, they're not. Thanks,
    | hotbuyselectronics.com!

    Greetings, I just started reading this group a few days ago... trying to get
    plugged in to the digital SLR world and back into shooting for income.
    I ordered my D200 Tuesday through AAFES (military exchange) and received an
    email yesterday with a shipping date directly from Nikon of 03/04. I've
    never received an AAFES item late, usually early. Maybe this will help
    determine if Nikon is shipping on time.
    -Dave

    dh, Feb 24, 2006
  9. Uncle Ron

    Benwa Guest

    I don't see a problem of availability.I have recieved mine,and have had 6
    dealers contact me with cameras available.I have ordered for several
    friends.

    Benwa, Feb 24, 2006
  10. Uncle Ron

    Uncle Ron Guest

    UPDATE: Here is what I got back from Adorama today (2/24):

    "Please be advised that you are at the top of our waiting list, however
    to this point we have only received one shipment from Nikon for very
    few cameras & have not gotten any since.

    Unfortunately it is not in our hands we are relying on Nikon to supply
    us & so far they have not come through they way we were expecting.

    We apologize for any delays & inconveniences & thank you for your
    patronage."

    Maybe Nikon isn't treating Adorama very well, or is there something
    else going on here between Adorama and other dealers, or Adorama and
    other customers? Adorama is not B&H or Ritz/Wolf, but they're not a
    small time local dealer either.

    Uncle Ron

    Uncle Ron, Feb 24, 2006
  11. Uncle Ron

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:49:36 -0600, "Benwa" <.> wrote:

    >I don't see a problem of availability.I have recieved mine,and have had 6
    >dealers contact me with cameras available.I have ordered for several
    >friends.

    Where did you get yours?

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Feb 24, 2006
  12. Uncle Ron

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:30:04 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Bill Funk
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:49:36 -0600, "Benwa" <.> wrote:
    >
    >>I don't see a problem of availability.I have recieved mine,and have had 6
    >>dealers contact me with cameras available.I have ordered for several
    >>friends.

    >Where did you get yours?

    I ordered one from Beach Camera this past weekend, was shipped last
    night via FedEx, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Feb 24, 2006
  13. Uncle Ron

    dh Guest

    "dh" <> wrote in message
    | "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    || Tsquared wrote:

    || > I ordered mine the 15th of November from Adorama and haven't seen it.
    || > Have checked many other dealers, and amost everyone is selling gray
    || > market- not Nikon's USA warranty. It takes a while to get it out of
    || > them. I have spoken to Ritz/wolf several times, and they always say
    || > 1-2 or 3-4 weeks.
    || Even when they're selling Nikon USA warranties, they're not. Thanks,
    || hotbuyselectronics.com!
    |

    | Greetings, I just started reading this group a few days ago... trying to
    get
    | plugged in to the digital SLR world and back into shooting for income.
    | I ordered my D200 Tuesday through AAFES (military exchange) and received
    an
    | email yesterday with a shipping date directly from Nikon of 03/04. I've
    | never received an AAFES item late, usually early. Maybe this will help
    | determine if Nikon is shipping on time.
    | -Dave

    Arrived today. Shipped 3 days early.
    -Dave