    Does someon have experience about compatybility and limitation for
    combination SB28 on D100?

    Thanx
    Ivek incKaid, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Ivek incKaid

    TimM Guest

    "Ivek incKaid" <> wrote in message
    news:c00s5v$tke$...
    > I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
    > can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
    > kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???
    >
    > Does someon have experience about compatybility and limitation for
    > combination SB28 on D100?
    >
    > Thanx

    Its the same camera worldwide. The adaptor is 100-240v and the camera does
    both ntsc and pal. Indeed, the reason I bought Nikon instead of canon.

    Note it only comes with a USA warranty (and only that if you buy an official
    USA [not grey market] camera in the USA. I bought a 3-year extended
    warranty with mine.

    You need an SB28DX to use the TTL flash metering.

    I recommend you buy thom hogan's ebook on the D100 - excellent and worth
    every penny.

    http://www.bythom.com/nikon.htm
    TimM, Feb 6, 2004

  3. "TimM" <> writes:

    > "Ivek incKaid" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
    >> can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
    >> kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???

    [snip]

    > Its the same camera worldwide. The adaptor is 100-240v and the camera does
    > both ntsc and pal. Indeed, the reason I bought Nikon instead of canon.

    Interesting. The Canons I have or have seen (G3, 10D, ...) also use adapters
    that goes from 100V to 240V and also do both NTSC and PAL so that can't be
    a real reason. I bought a Canon 10D from B&H for a friend that uses it in
    Germany without any problems. Another friend of mine used Canon S400 in
    Europe also without any problems (both voltage- and signal-wise).

    On a similar note, a salesperson once tried to convince me that Sony
    cameras are better because they use adaptor from 100V to 240V, unlike
    Canon.

    So it seems that this is a common misconception.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Cvetkovic, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Ivek incKaid

    Ivek incKaid Guest

    So if I understand D100 comes with adapter ( battery charger ) which I can
    use also in Europe and don't need to by transformer?

    Ivek incKaid, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Ivek incKaid

    Jim Waggener Guest

    > I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
    > can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
    > kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???
    >
    > Does someon have experience about compatybility and limitation for
    > combination SB28 on D100?
    >
    > Thanx

    The only adapter you will need is to change the plug at the end from USA to
    European.
    The charger works in both countries. The camera can also use either PAL or
    NTSC

    Jim Waggener, Feb 6, 2004
  6. Ivek incKaid

    C.G. Guest

    Who told you that? Was it the same person who sold you an extended warranty?

    --
    Colm

    C.G., Feb 7, 2004
  7. Ivek incKaid

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Ivek incKaid wrote:

    > So if I understand D100 comes with adapter ( battery charger ) which
    > I can use also in Europe and don't need to by transformer?

    Correct. And it can also output video signals in PAL.
    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 10, 2004