    can find one on the web?

    Thanks Very Much!

    Barry
    Barry S. Ephraim, Jun 9, 2004

  2. otrolls (Barry S. Ephraim) wrote in message news:<>...

    > I am new to using this camera, and I love it so far, but I am looking for
    > curves that have better color rendition for Landscape & Wildlife photos. I am > looking for sharper color along the lines of the Kodak line of slide film.

    Hi Barry.

    Buy yourself the Sigma SD10 DSLR system. The resolution is greater
    than any Nikon or Canon 6-8 MP DSLR, and the color rendition is a
    million times better due to the way the Foveon sensor records colors.
    For the type of photography you described, you can't go wrong with the
    Sigma.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville
    Orville Wright, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Barry S. Ephraim

    pat Guest

    > > I am new to using this camera, and I love it so far, but I am looking

    for
    > > curves that have better color rendition for Landscape & Wildlife photos.

    I am > looking for sharper color along the lines of the Kodak line of slide
    film.

    Have a look at http://fotogenetic.dearingfilm.com/

    As long as you have the Nikon Capture Control software you can load up one
    of the custom curves from Photogenic or make you own!

    Pat
    pat, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Barry S. Ephraim

    gsum Guest

    Good advice.

    I would add that you should't really by trying to mimic film. With a little
    experimentation, you'll find that you can get far better results with
    digital,
    particularly for lansdscape and wildlife.

    An alternative to using curves is to use Photoshop plugin filters. Many
    are freely available on the net. I find that sunlight filters are great for
    landscapes as they work on parts of the image in different ways, similar
    to a traditional graduated filter e.g. increase the contrast of the sky and
    warm the foreground.

    Graham

    gsum, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Barry S. Ephraim

    Jeff Durham Guest

    You sound just like George Preddy! If it walks like a duck and talks like a
    duck, it must be a duck. :)

    Jeff Durham, Jun 10, 2004
  6. Barry S. Ephraim

    fmaas Guest

    And if the duck steals the name of yet another pilot, for sure its a
    duck.....

    fmaas, Jun 10, 2004
  7. Barry S. Ephraim

    gsum Guest

    Ha, Ha. That means he's green and has a hand up his bottom -
    and he lives just round the corner from me, near Blackpool!

    Graham

    gsum, Jun 10, 2004