Nikon D100 Battery Consumption Report

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kenwood, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Kenwood

    Kenwood Guest

    After having both batteries charged only 2x I put them both in the MB100 and
    shot this past month until they ran down to where the camera stopped
    shooting.

    I used the following lenses with the majority of the exposures with the
    300mm F4 lens.

    50/1.8
    35-70
    24-85 G/ED
    300 F4 /ED
    70-300 /ED

    I used the internal flash an estimated 300 exposures. I left the camera on
    all day/night several days.
    I hardly ever used manual focus.

    Total images 1686 on 2 batteries.
    The batteries are batteries. The low energy consumption of the D100 is what
    shines.
    Kenwood, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Kenwood

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    I've had my D-100 for just over two months and have taken 4000+ images
    in that time. With two batteries and the battery grip add-on, I would say I
    am getting about the same amount of pictures per battery as you - at least
    500 per charge per battery. For taking large numbers of photographs, the
    D-100 battery is awesome.

    Chris Hoopes, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Kenwood

    jeff liss Guest

    "Kenwood" <> wrote in message news:<X7lWa.10894$>...
    > After having both batteries charged only 2x I put them both in the MB100 and
    > shot this past month until they ran down to where the camera stopped
    > shooting.
    >
    > I used the following lenses with the majority of the exposures with the
    > 300mm F4 lens.
    >
    > 50/1.8
    > 35-70
    > 24-85 G/ED
    > 300 F4 /ED
    > 70-300 /ED
    >
    > I used the internal flash an estimated 300 exposures. I left the camera on
    > all day/night several days.
    > I hardly ever used manual focus.
    >
    > Total images 1686 on 2 batteries.
    > The batteries are batteries. The low energy consumption of the D100 is what
    > shines.

    My first digicam, an Olympus D-40 Zoom, ate batteries like a shark in
    a feeding frenzy. My bag was weighed down with all the extra AA's I
    had to carry. The D100, OTOH, is a welcomed relief. I just shoot and
    shoot and shoot and the battery stays charged, ready to go. What a
    difference....what a pleasure.
    jeff liss, Aug 12, 2003