    that I often get from 1-3 small round circles on my pictures. They are just
    a little darker and can be corrected through Photoshop. Anyone have a
    similar problem or knowledge as to what is causing this??
    Moses Fridlich, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Moses Fridlich

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Dust. Go to www.bythom.com and read instructions for cleaning.

    Gavin Cato, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Moses Fridlich

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Moses Fridlich wrote:

    > After having taken more than 6000 photos with my D-100, I recently
    > noticed that I often get from 1-3 small round circles on my pictures.
    > They are just a little darker and can be corrected through Photoshop.
    > Anyone have a similar problem or knowledge as to what is causing
    > this??

    You need to get your sensor cleaned. No biggie.
    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 5, 2004
  4. I don't think it is dust! I have had dust and cleaned it with air and it was
    fine. These are perfectly round circles!

    Moses Fridlich, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Moses Fridlich

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Moses Fridlich wrote:

    > I don't think it is dust! I have had dust and cleaned it with air and
    > it was fine. These are perfectly round circles!

    How small are they? They could be dead pixels.
    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Moses Fridlich

    Buster Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 06:21:11 GMT, "Moses Fridlich"
    <> wrote:

    >After having taken more than 6000 photos with my D-100, I recently noticed
    >that I often get from 1-3 small round circles on my pictures. They are just
    >a little darker and can be corrected through Photoshop. Anyone have a
    >similar problem or knowledge as to what is causing this??

    A very simple test to determine if your CCD is dirty is to stop your
    lens down to f/22 and shoot the sky or a blank wall, slightly
    underexposing. This will reveal the location of debris on the CCD and
    also show you how good a job you do in getting it off. I think most
    D100 owners will find a few spots if they do this test.
    Buster, Jan 6, 2004
  7. Moses Fridlich

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    > I don't think it is dust! I have had dust and cleaned it with air and it

    was
    > fine. These are perfectly round circles!
    >
    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > > Moses Fridlich wrote:
    > >
    > > > After having taken more than 6000 photos with my D-100, I recently
    > > > noticed that I often get from 1-3 small round circles on my pictures.
    > > > They are just a little darker and can be corrected through Photoshop.
    > > > Anyone have a similar problem or knowledge as to what is causing
    > > > this??

    > > You need to get your sensor cleaned. No biggie.

    It definitely sounds like dust to me as well. Not all dust can be blown
    off of the sensor. Some gets attached and needs to be cleaned off either by
    sending in to Nikon for cleaning (probably get more dust during the trip
    back through shipping) or follow previously posted link for directions on
    cleaning the sensor. I check my sensor before each big event and end up
    cleaning the sensor about once a month. The dust spots you are seeing are
    probably particles that are too small to see with the naked eye and have
    become charged with static from the sensor - hence not being able to blow
    them off of the sensor.
    Chris Hoopes, Jan 6, 2004
  8. Moses Fridlich

    Wyatt80 Guest

    A very simple test to determine if your CCD is dirty is to stop your
    >lens down to f/22 and shoot the sky or a blank wall, slightly
    >underexposing. This will reveal the location of debris on the CCD and
    >also show you how good a job you do in getting it off. I think most
    >D100 owners will find a few spots if they do this test.
    >
    >You can also shoot a piece of white paper with a flash on , then use auto

    levels in PS. The dust pops right out.
    -Rick
    Wyatt80, Jan 11, 2004