    What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?

    TIA

    -Art

    The_AntiArt, Oct 2, 2004

  2. The_AntiArt

    [BnH] Guest

    Ability to view NEF?

    =bob=

    [BnH], Oct 2, 2004

  3. The_AntiArt

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:10:42 -0400, in rec.photo.digital The_AntiArt
    <> wrote:

    >I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.
    >
    >I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.
    >
    >What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?

    Given what other software you gave listed above:

    Keep the date and time synchronized with your PC, using the option to
    perform this time to time. This is under the transfer menu.

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 and D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 2, 2004
  4. The_AntiArt

    bob Guest

    The_AntiArt <> wrote in

    > I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.
    >
    > I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.
    >
    > What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > -Art

    I don't know how fast CS is in opening NEF images. I have noticed that
    Nikon View will open a NEF image much quicker than the Nikon plugin in PS
    6. You can make changes to the settings, and then click the "send to
    photoshop" button, which makes a new "untitled" image.

    It's also a decent tool to open a number of RAW images and write out jpg
    files just to produce thumbnails, if you need them.

    It monitors the CF reader all the time, and whenever you stick a flash card
    into it, it will pop up and offer the transfer the photos. That sort of
    bugs me.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

    bob, Oct 2, 2004
  5. The_AntiArt

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:03:21 GMT, in rec.photo.digital bob
    <> wrote:

    >It monitors the CF reader all the time, and whenever you stick a flash card
    >into it, it will pop up and offer the transfer the photos. That sort of
    >bugs me.

    Edit => Preferences => Auto launch tab => Choose disable auto launch

    Ed Ruf, Oct 2, 2004
  6. The_AntiArt

    <> wrote:

    >I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.
    >
    >I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.
    >
    >What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?

    Also, there is other software on the disc, including PanoramaMaker3. I've
    used Panavue ImageAssembler for years, but now also use PM for quick
    autostitched panos.

    Ed Ruf, Oct 2, 2004
  7. The_AntiArt

    bob Guest

    Ed Ruf <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:03:21 GMT, in rec.photo.digital bob
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>It monitors the CF reader all the time, and whenever you stick a flash
    >>card into it, it will pop up and offer the transfer the photos. That
    >>sort of bugs me.

    > Edit => Preferences => Auto launch tab => Choose disable auto launch

    Thanks Ed.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply