    any update for 2000. Any hints clues or actual fixes would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Dan
    Dan Ciccone, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Dan Ciccone

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (Dan Ciccone)

    > I am attempting to attach a Nikon 8000ed scanner to my copmuter running
    >Windows 2000. The software installs and windows sees the scanner in the
    >hardware manager. The problem is that windows wont recognize or install the
    >driver. I have had this scanner working before under both Win98se and
    >Windows 2000. I remember having to run an update for 98se but I cant finmd
    >any update for 2000. Any hints clues or actual fixes would be greatly
    >appreciated.

    I'd check the Nikon Tech site for driver and firmware updates. IIRC there were
    certain combinations of updates required for Win 2000 due mainly to the
    Firewire connection support. XP had all the drivers built-in but 2000 didn't
    and you needed a file or two extra.

    You can probably find the fix at this site ... http://www.nikontechusa.com/

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Dan Ciccone

    Jim Guest

    "Dan Ciccone" <> wrote in message

    > I am attempting to attach a Nikon 8000ed scanner to my copmuter

    running
    > Windows 2000. The software installs and windows sees the scanner in the
    > hardware manager. The problem is that windows wont recognize or install

    the
    > driver. I have had this scanner working before under both Win98se and
    > Windows 2000. I remember having to run an update for 98se but I cant

    finmd
    > any update for 2000. Any hints clues or actual fixes would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >

    > Dan

    If the scanner was connected to the computer before you installed the Nikon
    software, Windows won't install Nikon's driver. You must disconnect the
    scanner, remove all of the Nikon software, and clean out the registry.
    Then, install the Nikon software with the scanner disconnected. After you
    have finished the installation, connect the scanner. That will cause the
    Nikon driver to be loaded instead of the non-operational Windows driver.
    Jim
    Jim, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Dan Ciccone

    clw Guest

    In article <3ryRc.3615$>,
    "Jim" <> wrote:

    > "Dan Ciccone" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I am attempting to attach a Nikon 8000ed scanner to my copmuter

    > running
    > > Windows 2000. The software installs and windows sees the scanner in the
    > > hardware manager. The problem is that windows wont recognize or install

    > the
    > > driver. I have had this scanner working before under both Win98se and
    > > Windows 2000. I remember having to run an update for 98se but I cant

    > finmd
    > > any update for 2000. Any hints clues or actual fixes would be greatly
    > > appreciated.
    > >

    > > Dan

    > If the scanner was connected to the computer before you installed the Nikon
    > software, Windows won't install Nikon's driver. You must disconnect the
    > scanner, remove all of the Nikon software, and clean out the registry.
    > Then, install the Nikon software with the scanner disconnected. After you
    > have finished the installation, connect the scanner. That will cause the
    > Nikon driver to be loaded instead of the non-operational Windows driver.
    > Jim

    Jeezus! I have heard about Windows obtuse problems, but this is the
    first time I have ever read just how idiotic Windows truly is.

    --
    It is an aspect of maturity to deal rationally with inconsistencies
    clw, Aug 9, 2004