    hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
    camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
    just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    Don Lope de Aguirre, Dec 6, 2009

  2. Don Lope de Aguirre

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 20:02:30 -0800, Don Lope de Aguirre wrote:

    > Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if
    > the LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is
    > and hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a
    > lot of camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay
    > another $100.00 just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    I guess someone held a gun to your head and made you buy it. You didn't
    know it had no viewfinder???

    ray, Dec 6, 2009

  3. Don Lope de Aguirre

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 5, 11:02 pm, "Don Lope de Aguirre" <> wrote:
    > Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
    > LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
    > hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
    > camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
    > just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    All LCDs are crap in sunlight.

    Rich, Dec 6, 2009
  4. "Don Lope de Aguirre" <> wrote in message

    > Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
    > LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
    > hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
    > camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
    > just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    Or put a coat or similar over your head ?

    michael adams

    michael adams, Dec 6, 2009
  5. "Don Lope de Aguirre" <> wrote in message
    > Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
    > LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
    > hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot
    > of camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another
    > $100.00 just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    At least Fujifilm cameras all have an EVF.

    Ray Shafranski, Dec 6, 2009
  6. David J Taylor, Dec 6, 2009
  7. Don Lope de Aguirre

    M-M Guest

    M-M, Dec 6, 2009
  8. Don Lope de Aguirre

    Mort Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > On 12/5/09 10:02 PM, in article 009701ec$0$23808$,
    > "Don Lope de Aguirre"<> wrote:
    >
    >> Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
    >> LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
    >> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
    >> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
    >> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.
    >>

    > If you bought a Canon, you wouldn't have that problem. Did you pay only
    > fifty bucks for that "Crude-Pix"?
    >
    > <http://www.nextag.com/canon-sd1200/compare-html>

    Several Canon point-and-shoots have no optical viewfinder, including the
    new SD 980.

    Mort

    Mort, Dec 7, 2009
  9. M-M <> wrote:
    > That's like saying, "My Porsche drives like crap on the ice."

    P&S need good light, so of course they should work in the
    sun. It's like saying "My Porsche drives like crap on the
    road." "on the ice" would be near darkness for P&S cameras.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Dec 7, 2009
  10. Don Lope de Aguirre

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:
    >On Dec 5, 11:02 pm, "Don Lope de Aguirre" <> wrote:
    >> Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
    >> LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
    >> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
    >> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
    >> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    >All LCDs are crap in sunlight.

    The LCD displays on my Garmin GPS navigator, and my Nokia smartphone, are
    perfectly and brilliantly readable in direct sunlight - because the
    designers took that into account and put a reflective panel behind the
    LCD. It's called a transflective display - and it's well past high time
    that camera manufacturers started putting them in digital cameras.

    Mike S., Dec 8, 2009
  11. Mike S. <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Rich <> wrote:
    >>On Dec 5, 11:02pm, "Don Lope de Aguirre" <> wrote:
    >>> Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
    >>> LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
    >>> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
    >>> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
    >>> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    >>All LCDs are crap in sunlight.

    > The LCD displays on my Garmin GPS navigator, and my Nokia smartphone, are
    > perfectly and brilliantly readable in direct sunlight - because the
    > designers took that into account and put a reflective panel behind the
    > LCD. It's called a transflective display - and it's well past high time
    > that camera manufacturers started putting them in digital cameras.

    I suspect the reason they won't is that transflective displays mess
    with colour rendition. The latest backlit displays are a great advance
    and perfectly readable in the kind of dismal winter sunlight we get in
    Scotland just now. It'll be quite some time before I'll find out how
    they fare in bright summer sunlight :)

    --
    Chris Malcolm

    Chris Malcolm, Dec 10, 2009
  12. Don Lope de Aguirre

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Chris Malcolm <> wrote:
    >Mike S. <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Rich <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>All LCDs are crap in sunlight.

    >> The LCD displays on my Garmin GPS navigator, and my Nokia smartphone, are
    >> perfectly and brilliantly readable in direct sunlight - because the
    >> designers took that into account and put a reflective panel behind the
    >> LCD. It's called a transflective display - and it's well past high time
    >> that camera manufacturers started putting them in digital cameras.

    >I suspect the reason they won't is that transflective displays mess
    >with colour rendition. The latest backlit displays are a great advance
    >and perfectly readable in the kind of dismal winter sunlight we get in
    >Scotland just now. It'll be quite some time before I'll find out how
    >they fare in bright summer sunlight :)

    Perhaps there is an issue with color rendition on transflective screens;
    but honestly, using the camera on my phone things look accurate enough to
    me. Of course, things change when direct sunlight is falling on the
    screen; but frankly I'd much rather put up with colors that change a
    little in the sun than have to cope with a screen that becomes totally
    unviewable under the same circumstances.

    Mike S., Dec 10, 2009
  13. Don Lope de Aguirre

    Apteryx Guest

    ray wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 20:02:30 -0800, Don Lope de Aguirre wrote:
    >
    >> Why do these fuckers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if
    >> the LCD is shit in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is
    >> and hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a
    >> lot of camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay
    >> another $100.00 just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

    > I guess someone held a gun to your head and made you buy it. You didn't
    > know it had no viewfinder???

    It is getting pretty close to holding a gun to your head. If you want a
    pocket size camera your choice is pretty much no viewfinder or crappy
    viewfinder, and the crappy viewfinder models are getting rarer each
    year. Last one I got, I felt I needed a viewfinder so got a Canon Ixus
    800, but after 2 years the viewfinder died and on current models the
    viewfinder looks even crappier.

    I do have the option of dragging my Olympus XA out of the back of the
    wardrobe. That is pocketable, has a pretty good viewfinder (still
    working after 30 years), and a FF sensor.

    Apteryx

    Apteryx, Dec 29, 2009