    certain movie mode in which she's shooting?

    Thanks,
    Louis

    ll, Aug 27, 2006

  2. ll

    ASAAR Guest

    On 26 Aug 2006 21:27:37 -0700, ll wrote:

    > A friend of mine has a Nikon Coolpix L3 with the movie mode, and for
    > some reason, the movie clips she shoots all cross fade (in other words,
    > she could push the start button and start shooting, but for some
    > reason, the camera stops and starts shooting on a regular interval in
    > between button presses). When viewing the finished result, the short,
    > incomplete, shots crossfade, one into the other. Could this be a
    > certain movie mode in which she's shooting?

    That's the second thing I thought of. The first was that she/he
    may be using a card (SD?) that's too slow to keep up with the
    camera, and the short clips that make up the larger clip represent
    the maximum continuous length that the camera's memory buffer is
    able to allow, and the fading is done to make the lost video a bit
    more palatable. If your friend doesn't have a faster memory card to
    try, have him/her select a lower resolution for the video mode and
    see if that allows seamless, long videos to be taken. If so, a
    faster SD card should help. If not, try a faster card anyway! <g>

    ASAAR, Aug 27, 2006