    Olympus camdia c-750 ultra zoom, I have also considered the Olympus c-8080,
    I would appreciate some comparison between the coolpix 8800 and the Olympus
    c-8080. thank you Ida

    Ida Drewrey, May 9, 2005

  2. Ida Drewrey

    Roger Guest

    "Ida Drewrey" <> wrote in message
    news:bnJfe.4475$...
    > Help, I am considering buying the Nikon coolpix 8800 and have a couple of
    > questions if someone can help, first about how much does the camera weigh
    > and is it easy to have around the neck a few hours at a time? any other
    > pointers anyone can talk about would be a great help, I also have the
    > Olympus camdia c-750 ultra zoom, I have also considered the Olympus
    > c-8080, I would appreciate some comparison between the coolpix 8800 and
    > the Olympus c-8080. thank you Ida

    I have an 8700 which I believe is substantially the same body as the 8800
    (but it has image stabilization). I chose it because it was the lightest of
    the (then) new 8 MP Bridge Cameras. I tried the Olympus/ Canon/ Konica A2
    against it and it was by far the most comfortable to have round your neck
    for long periods.

    I would recommend it.

    Roger, Aberystwyth

    Roger, May 9, 2005