    from...(or printed out in 4 x 6" prints)............... any feedback on
    the Coolpix 8800? ........is it worth the investment?

    rich

    Rich, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Rich

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:54:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Rich
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone bought this camera? .....I already own a Digital Canon Rebel
    >SLR...... I know the Nikon is not an SLR.......but the reviews of the
    >images it takes is provocative to this artist who often crops his images
    >before painting from them........and the images I crop from the Rebel
    >often get pretty pixallated when viewed on my laptop that I work
    >from...(or printed out in 4 x 6" prints)............... any feedback on
    >the Coolpix 8800? ........is it worth the investment?

    First, let's try and diagnose your "problem" with your Rebel. What is the
    final size of your cropped image in pixels? What lens are you using, the
    kit lens?

    My first inclination is you just need to add a longer focal length lens to
    your Rebel, which should cost you less than what the 8800 would. What
    subject matter are you shooting? Can you post a photo, both cropped and
    uncropped?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 14, 2004