    No excuse, Sir.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Sep 10, 2004

  2. So the question remains, will there be any noticeable benefit in the
    purchase of a FAST type of Compact Flash card with the NIKON 5700?

    I hope you saw my earlier post, where I actually sat down and timed the
    three cards that I have and found interesting if mixed results, that draw
    this question.

    Richard Tomkins, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Frank  ess

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:05:50 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Frank ess"
    <> wrote:

    >Trying to track down the reference that told me the Coolpix 8700 could
    >benefit from Lexar WA technology, and couldn't find anything beyond an
    >"approved" Lexar 24X WA listed in the 'User's Guide'.
    >
    >A query to Mr Nikon's Tech Support yielded a quick response:
    >
    >I was dreaming.
    >
    >The CP8700 does NOT take advantage of Lexar WA technology.
    >
    >I apologize.

    No harm no foul Frank. A quick Google search found:
    http://www.memorysuppliers.com/leme4gb40xpr.html

    Maybe this or a similar page is what you remember seeing.

    Unfortunately, not doing the weekend at RIR. Only got to the IROC/Craftsman
    Truck race last night. Even setting the 5700 at ISO400 shows it's
    limitations, especially with the TC-15 attached.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Sep 11, 2004