    Thanks,
    James.

    , Jul 26, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Here is my problem. I want to put scanned photos ( created before
    > digital cameras were invented! ) on to my Nikon Coolpix 775 to show via
    > the RF lead on a TV. I scanned the images on to my computer and saved
    > them as jpegs. I copy the files on to the camera with no problem, they
    > copy fine and I can see them on the storage card via Windows Explorer,
    > however when I turn on the Coolpix and try and view the images, it does
    > not recognise the files and it only shows images taken by the camera.
    >
    > Does anyone know what I have to do to the JPEG to get the Coolpix to
    > recognise the file?

    Have you put them into the folder (directory) that your Nikon 775 puts its
    images? And numbered them similarly to some recent images taken by your
    775? I wouldn't expect "your" images to be visible to Windows Explorer at
    the top level.

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Malcolm Stewart, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 26 Jul 2005 05:29:37 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Here is my problem. I want to put scanned photos ( created before
    >digital cameras were invented! ) on to my Nikon Coolpix 775 to show via
    >the RF lead on a TV. I scanned the images on to my computer and saved
    >them as jpegs. I copy the files on to the camera with no problem, they
    >copy fine and I can see them on the storage card via Windows Explorer,
    >however when I turn on the Coolpix and try and view the images, it does
    >not recognise the files and it only shows images taken by the camera.
    >
    >Does anyone know what I have to do to the JPEG to get the Coolpix to
    >recognise the file?

    You can use a program like David Taylor's TvWriter:
    http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/imaging.html
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Gais Guest

    Malcom - I did put the images in the correct folder on the camera, but
    I didn't try naming them similarly to the camera. Will try that. But I
    think it may be something a bit more technical than that, judging by
    the URL that Ed suggested.

    Ed - had a look at the site. Looks perfect and exactly what I want,
    however the page states;
    "Cameras known not to work with TVwriter: Kyocera Finecam S4, Minolta
    Dimage S304, Nikon Coolpix 775, Sony F717."

    Does anyone know of similar products to the TVWriter?

    Gais, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Ken Weitzel Guest

    Gais wrote:
    > Malcom - I did put the images in the correct folder on the camera, but
    > I didn't try naming them similarly to the camera. Will try that. But I
    > think it may be something a bit more technical than that, judging by
    > the URL that Ed suggested.
    >
    > Ed - had a look at the site. Looks perfect and exactly what I want,
    > however the page states;
    > "Cameras known not to work with TVwriter: Kyocera Finecam S4, Minolta
    > Dimage S304, Nikon Coolpix 775, Sony F717."
    >
    > Does anyone know of similar products to the TVWriter?

    Hi Gais...

    Given that turn of events, I have a suggestion for you to
    consider if I may?

    These days (virtually) everyone has a dvd player, so how
    about instead just burning the pics you want to share to
    a dvd and using that instead?

    Much easier, and though it costs a few pennies has other
    benefits as well. For instance, if the pictures are of
    ongoing interest to the folks you're showing them to, like
    family shots, you can leave it with them. They can enjoy
    it at their convenience, and you get automagic off-site
    backup :)

    And as your skills and interest increase, you can do
    nice slide shows, which others will undoubtedly like
    a little better.

    And if the pennies should happen to count, and the showing
    is a one-time affair, then you can always use re-writable
    dvd's :)

    Just my two cents worth.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jul 27, 2005
  6. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 27 Jul 2005 05:31:21 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Gais"
    <> wrote:

    >Ed - had a look at the site. Looks perfect and exactly what I want,
    >however the page states;
    >"Cameras known not to work with TVwriter: Kyocera Finecam S4, Minolta
    >Dimage S304, Nikon Coolpix 775, Sony F717."

    Sorry, going by memory and didn't specifically check to compatibility with
    the 775.
    ----------

    Ed Ruf, Jul 27, 2005
  7. Gais Guest

    Ken,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will try the DVD route as my 'Plan
    B'. I emailed David Taylor (TVWriter creator) and received a very
    prompt and helpful response. Apparently only one person reported the
    software to be incompatible with the 775, so I will install it and see
    what happens.

    I'm sure you must be able to set a property on the JPEG file to solve
    this. I will do some more research and let you know if I come up with
    anything. Thanks for all your help everyone!

    Gais, Jul 28, 2005