    --
    Hike High Mountain
    Fish for Wild Trout

    Mark F., Jun 1, 2004

  2. Mark F.

    Petey Guest

    What OS are you using?
    "Mark F." <> wrote in message
    news:ibPuc.21724$...
    > Hi all,
    > I just started using my new camera and the Nikon software is giving me
    > problems.
    > The new of it is Nikon View 6.2.2 and every time I boot the program it

    locks

    Petey, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Mark F.

    Mark F. Guest

    Windows XP Home.

    Mark F., Jun 1, 2004
  4. Mark F.

    Steven Wandy Guest

    Why not just get a card reader and transfer the files yourself using either
    Windows Explorer or XP's photo stuff? I had the 5700 and never even
    installed Nikon's software.

    Steven Wandy, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Mark F.

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:27:10 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Mark F."
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I just started using my new camera and the Nikon software is giving me
    >problems.
    >The new of it is Nikon View 6.2.2 and every time I boot the program it locks
    >up.
    >
    >I have a AMD 1.8 GHz with 1GB of ram and a Nvidia Geforce video card.
    >
    >Any one heard of this problem before?

    Make sure you have the latest drivers for the USB chipset on your
    motherboard installed. Since you are using XP you might try changing the
    setting of the camera to PHP instead of Mass Storage as per p.143-144 of
    the manual.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Mark F.

    Mark F. Guest

    I guess I was not very specific in my descriptions.

    When I use NIKON View to look a photo.( has already been downloaded) it
    Locks up and I get the dreaded program not responding error.

    Mark F., Jun 2, 2004
  7. Mark F.

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:28:12 GMT, "Mark F." <> wrote:

    >When I use NIKON View to look a photo.( has already been downloaded) it
    >Locks up and I get the dreaded program not responding error.

    Have you written to Nikon Support? http://support.nikontech.com/

    I have found them helpful.

    They'll probably say to reload the software first...

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    TheNewsGuy, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Mark F.

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:28:12 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Mark F."
    <> wrote:

    >I guess I was not very specific in my descriptions.
    >
    >When I use NIKON View to look a photo.( has already been downloaded) it
    >Locks up and I get the dreaded program not responding error.

    How'd you transfer the images? Try disabling auto launching of Nikon
    Transfer. So thumbnails display OK? What are the preferences set to?

    Ed Ruf, Jun 2, 2004
  9. Mark F.

    <> wrote:

    >I guess I was not very specific in my descriptions.
    >
    >When I use NIKON View to look a photo.( has already been downloaded) it
    >Locks up and I get the dreaded program not responding error.

    First try un-installing and then re-installing off the cd. Next I would DL
    the copy off the Nikon Tech website and try installing it after
    un-installing the CD version, in case the CD has a corrupted file on it.

    Ed Ruf, Jun 6, 2004