Nikon Coolpix 5700

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Seamor, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Seamor

    Seamor Guest

    Please list any intelligent PROS and CONS you may have from your experiences
    in using this camera.

    Also recommend a camera you may think is superior.

    Please detail the ways in which you think this superiority manifests itself.

    Please don't list personal preferences that are based on quirky reasons.

    I seriously want intelligent input, so don't respond with some wiseass
    comment that will show proof of a sagging ego.

    Don't waste my time and yours.

    All really serious respondents can contact me directly.

    Thanks guys.

    Christopher Mohr
    Seamor, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Seamor

    GCW Guest

    On 8/31/03 5:03 PM, in article , "Seamor"
    <> wrote:

    > Please list any intelligent PROS and CONS you may have from your experiences
    > in using this camera.
    >
    > Also recommend a camera you may think is superior.
    >
    > Please detail the ways in which you think this superiority manifests itself.
    >
    > Please don't list personal preferences that are based on quirky reasons.

    What is this, a final exam question in a photography course somewhere?
    Geesh!
    GCW, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Seamor

    Ann Meffert Guest

    Well, Christopher, I hope you will give some thought as to why you have
    received the responses that you have. There's a message here.
    I think the soon-to-be released Sony F828 will be very attractive based
    on the reviews I've looked at. I, too, like the Nikon 5700, but the Sony
    will likely draw a lot of attention. But, this is just an opinion.

    Ann Meffert, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Seamor

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Please list any intelligent PROS and CONS you may have from your experiences
    > in using this camera.
    >
    > Also recommend a camera you may think is superior.
    >
    > Please detail the ways in which you think this superiority manifests itself.
    >
    > Please don't list personal preferences that are based on quirky reasons.
    >
    > I seriously want intelligent input, so don't respond with some wiseass
    > comment that will show proof of a sagging ego.
    >
    > Don't waste my time and yours.
    >
    > All really serious respondents can contact me directly.

    So how is it again that anyone here owes you anything? Sorry but your
    attitude will get you nowhere around here.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Seamor

    JD Guest

    > Please list any intelligent PROS and CONS you may have from your experiences
    > in using this camera.

    Pros: Nikon is not a bad camera company, they are in the top 3.
    Cons: In digital, they are not as good as Canon.

    > Also recommend a camera you may think is superior.

    Canon G3.

    > Please detail the ways in which you think this superiority manifests itself.

    1) Compare the specs, ranges in manual adjustments, picture quality.
    2) Go to a store and hold and take a sample shot with each of them to feel the
    difference.

    > Please don't list personal preferences that are based on quirky reasons.

    Exactly why you should do the above yourself and see what YOU figure out.
    JD, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Seamor

    JD Guest

    > Well, Christopher, I hope you will give some thought as to why you have
    > received the responses that you have.

    Because most the people who replied didn't understand the question?

    At least one of us was nice enough to answer without being an ass about it.
    :)
    JD, Sep 1, 2003