    Thanks,

    Paul R
    , Feb 7, 2005

  2. Jason P. Guest

    Unfortunately, no. This is a feature only held by the digital SLR's from
    Nikon.

    Jason P., Feb 7, 2005

  3. Jason P. wrote:
    > Unfortunately, no. This is a feature only held by the digital SLR's
    > from Nikon.

    Didn't the Nikon Coolpix 990 allow this? I'm sure I've seen software on
    the Web.

    http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:23:00 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "David J Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >Jason P. wrote:
    >> Unfortunately, no. This is a feature only held by the digital SLR's
    >> from Nikon.

    >Didn't the Nikon Coolpix 990 allow this? I'm sure I've seen software on
    >the Web.

    I believe Jason is referring to the ability to use the Nikon Capture
    software to do this. Remote control in Capture is limited to the dslrs.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Jason P. Guest

    Yeah - as far as Capture Control goes, you can only use that with the
    dslr's. Windows XP has a feature built into it however, which will allow you
    to take a picture from a PTP connected Coolpix camera. There is no control
    over the camera using this method however.

    Jason P., Feb 8, 2005