    choose another mode in set 2 i see the same in mode 1 and 3. Help! It is
    normal?
    Dariusz

    --==BEAR==--, May 7, 2004

  2. --==BEAR==--

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 21:42:12 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "--==BEAR==--"
    <> wrote:

    > Hello everybody!
    > In user sets 1, 2, or 3 I want choose from four exposure modes but I can't.
    > When I change mode in set 1 I see the same mode in sets 2 and 3 and when I
    > choose another mode in set 2 i see the same in mode 1 and 3. Help! It is
    > normal?

    This is normal. You need to pay close attention to the wording on p. 68 of
    the "fine" manual to figure this out.

    By default the camera is set to User Set A, where the camera controls the
    majority of camera settings. If you set the camera to User Set 1, 2, or 3,
    you can change default settings to suit your needs. Settings that can be
    altered in User Sets 1, 2 and 3 are as follows:
    Exposure Mode
    Sensitivity
    Manual Focus
    Shooting menu selections.

    NOTE: it says Exposure mode can be altered, NOT stored. Only the Shooting
    menu settings as listed below this can be stored in User Set.

    Choosing a User Set
    SHOOTING menu settings for User Sets 1, 2, and 3 are stored separately. If
    there is a particular combination of settings you use frequently, you can
    select User Set 1 and set the camera to those settings. The camera will
    “remember” your settings even when turned off, and will automatically
    restore these settings the next time User Set 1 is selected. You can create
    further combinations of settings for User Sets 2 and 3, and switch
    instantly from one combination of settings to the other simply by selecting
    the desired User Set.

    Settings for the following menu items are stored separately in each User
    Set. The menu icons for these settings (step 3, next page) will turn red
    when set to something other than the default setting.
    Setting
    101 White Balance
    103 Metering
    104 Continuous
    Setting
    107 Image Adjustment
    108 Saturation Control
    109 Lens
    106 BSS 114 Image Sharpening*
    Setting
    80 Manual Focus
    100 Shooting Menu Settings 78 Sensitivity (ISO)
    70 Exposure Mode
    Setting
    *Image sharpening is stored separately in each User Set, although the icon
    for
    the selected setting is not displayed in the monitor.

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, May 7, 2004

  3. --==BEAR==--

    --==BEAR==-- Guest