    (looks a little like the timer icon).

    Any ideas?

    Chris

    Chris Kidd, May 13, 2004

  2. before my cp5000 completely died with similar symptoms, for some reason i
    was able to get the lcd to come on if it was flush against the body... but
    if it was away from the body it would not display an image... after being
    repaired once by nikon under warranty, it developed the same problem again
    just outside of warranty and now i contemplate if it is worth getting fixed.

    "Chris Kidd" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem with a Nikon Coolpix 5000.
    >
    > It appears to work fine - except that no image is displayed on the

    monitor -

    Christopher Muto, May 13, 2004

  3. Just out of curiosity, how many pics did you take before your 5000 died? I'm
    somewhere around 9,000. the camera is still doing well. of those 9,000 i
    don't think even one fifth were keepers.

    i also would like to ask if anyone who has the extended service plan from
    best buy has sent it to be cleaned, and has any stories to tell. the sales
    rep said they'd send it to a local place and take it apart and clean it
    inside out. i also get a new battery each year. thanks.

    Cinnamon Pham, May 13, 2004