Nikon Coolpix 4800 direct-to-PC video

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BlackIceFlames, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Can I connect my 4800 to my desktop and record video directly on my
    hard-disk? If it is possible, what s/w do I need?
    BlackIceFlames, Oct 26, 2005

  2. BlackIceFlames

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 26 Oct 2005 03:32:27 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "BlackIceFlames"
    <> wrote:

    >Can I connect my 4800 to my desktop and record video directly on my
    >hard-disk? If it is possible, what s/w do I need?

    The only way I'm aware of is to use the video out, assuming it has
    one, along with a video capture card installed or connected to your
    PC.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Oct 26, 2005