    cons and alternative cameras if necessary.

    TIA

    BLueCoBra
    BLueCoBra, Sep 1, 2003

  2. > Tossing the thought around about purchasing this camera. Read a couple of
    > reviews and it looks promising so far.
    > Would like to know about other ppl's experiences with this camera, pros

    and
    > cons and alternative cameras if necessary.

    hi,
    i was using it time ago and one what i can tell it's very very good
    even i can tell that i liked more images from this camera then from G3 for
    example (4300 gives more natural colors)
    only two minuses for me: no sound in movie mode and short life time of
    battery
    anyway it's very good choice
    kind regards,
    Tomash
    Tomash Bednarz, Sep 1, 2003

  3. BLueCoBra

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <3f517c95_3@newsfeed>, bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com
    says...
    > Tossing the thought around about purchasing this camera. Read a couple of
    > reviews and it looks promising so far.
    > Would like to know about other ppl's experiences with this camera, pros and
    > cons and alternative cameras if necessary.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > BLueCoBra

    Look at the Canon G3. It takes better quality pictures, has less noise,
    has a flash hotshoe, fully articulating LCD (which I personally
    preferred to the twist body on my Nikon 950,) excellent RAW mode, etc...

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Sep 1, 2003
  4. BLueCoBra

    John O. Guest

    In article <3f517c95_3@newsfeed>, bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com says...
    > Tossing the thought around about purchasing this camera. Read a couple of
    > reviews and it looks promising so far.
    > Would like to know about other ppl's experiences with this camera, pros and
    > cons and alternative cameras if necessary.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > BLueCoBra

    My girlfriend and I run a camera store together. We both decided
    recently that we wanted digital cameras of our own. About a month ago I
    chose the Olympus C740. More recently, she chose the 4300. She used it
    for 1 day and took it back. She complained about the sharpness and macro

    ability. Also start-up time was too slow for her. So now, she has my
    camera and I'm back to using my old F2a.

    I think I'd like the Nikon 5400 now.

    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.
    John O., Sep 1, 2003
  5. BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra Guest

    "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote in message
    > Tossing the thought around about purchasing this camera. Read a couple of
    > reviews and it looks promising so far.
    > Would like to know about other ppl's experiences with this camera, pros

    and
    > cons and alternative cameras if necessary.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > BLueCoBra

    Thanks all for your very informative input. The suggestions and comments are
    making me take a more thorough second look. So far, even though the G3 is
    pricer, it looks like I'll be going in the direction of the Canon now. Even
    my brother recommended it to me. I'll let y'all know how it goes in a few
    weeks.

    BLueCoBra
    BLueCoBra, Sep 1, 2003
  6. BLueCoBra

    JD Guest

    > i was using it time ago and one what i can tell it's very very good
    > even i can tell that i liked more images from this camera then from G3 for
    > example (4300 gives more natural colors)

    Every digital camera magazine I have read has given the exact opposite
    statements. Interesting.
    JD, Sep 1, 2003
  7. BLueCoBra

    JD Guest

    > Look at the Canon G3. It takes better quality pictures, has less noise,
    > has a flash hotshoe, fully articulating LCD (which I personally
    > preferred to the twist body on my Nikon 950,) excellent RAW mode, etc...

    I second this.
    JD, Sep 1, 2003
  8. BLueCoBra

    JD Guest

    > Thanks all for your very informative input. The suggestions and comments are
    > making me take a more thorough second look. So far, even though the G3 is
    > pricer, it looks like I'll be going in the direction of the Canon now. Even
    > my brother recommended it to me. I'll let y'all know how it goes in a few
    > weeks.

    You will be very happy with it. While you are at the store looking at the G3,
    take a look at the Nikon again and play around with them both, I am sure you
    will like the G3 a lot better after actually holding and trying both of them in
    the store.
    JD, Sep 1, 2003
  9. BLueCoBra

    Tore Lund Guest

    JD wrote:
    >> Thanks all for your very informative input. The suggestions and comments are
    >> making me take a more thorough second look. So far, even though the G3 is
    >> pricer, it looks like I'll be going in the direction of the Canon now. Even
    >> my brother recommended it to me. I'll let y'all know how it goes in a few
    >> weeks.

    > You will be very happy with it. While you are at the store looking at the G3,
    > take a look at the Nikon again and play around with them both, I am sure you
    > will like the G3 a lot better after actually holding and trying both of them in
    > the store.

    I wonder why someone would be deliberating between these two cameras.
    The G3 is MUCH bigger and heavier as well as more expensive and more
    advanced in the controls it offers. The 4300 is made for other types of
    use and/or users. Apples and oranges.

    If anyone wants a Canon vs. Nikon match, they should compare the G3
    against the 4500, or the 4300 against the S45.

    Besides, the 4300 is at the end of its life-cycle. Nikon has announced
    a new model in this line every August/September, so the successor of the
    4300 should be here any day now.
    --
    Tore
    Tore Lund, Sep 1, 2003
  10. BLueCoBra

    JD Guest

    > >> Thanks all for your very informative input. The suggestions and comments are
    > >> making me take a more thorough second look. So far, even though the G3 is
    > >> pricer, it looks like I'll be going in the direction of the Canon now. Even
    > >> my brother recommended it to me. I'll let y'all know how it goes in a few
    > >> weeks.

    > > You will be very happy with it. While you are at the store looking at the G3,
    > > take a look at the Nikon again and play around with them both, I am sure you
    > > will like the G3 a lot better after actually holding and trying both of them in
    > > the store.

    > If anyone wants a Canon vs. Nikon match, they should compare the G3
    > against the 4500, or the 4300 against the S45.

    This is a good point, and I am not as familiar with the 4300 and S45, but I used and
    compared the 4500 with the G3 and the G3 was a far better camera. If the 4500 is
    better than the 4300, then the G3 would have to be a far better camera in that case
    too. The price drops (another one coming) would probably get them in the same price
    bracket too.

    > Besides, the 4300 is at the end of its life-cycle. Nikon has announced
    > a new model in this line every August/September, so the successor of the
    > 4300 should be here any day now.

    In that case, anyone who wants the 4300 should wait a month or two at a much lower
    price.
    JD, Sep 2, 2003
  11. BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra Guest

    > I wonder why someone would be deliberating between these two cameras.
    > The G3 is MUCH bigger and heavier as well as more expensive and more
    > advanced in the controls it offers. The 4300 is made for other types of
    > use and/or users. Apples and oranges.
    >
    > If anyone wants a Canon vs. Nikon match, they should compare the G3
    > against the 4500, or the 4300 against the S45.
    >
    > Besides, the 4300 is at the end of its life-cycle. Nikon has announced
    > a new model in this line every August/September, so the successor of the
    > 4300 should be here any day now.

    FWIW to me, the 4300 & 4500 both are 4 MP, the 4500 has 4x optical zoom
    while the 4300 has 3x optical zoom. The 4500 is older than the 4300. The
    reason why I was going for the 4300 was for the form factor. I don't care
    for the 'twist & shoot' capability of the 4500.
    One reason I decided to go with the G3 after all was for the movie mode
    capability. The 4300 has a max of 40sec clips while the G3 will go up to
    3mins with high speed memory. And before all of the flames start coming in
    that I should get a vid cam if I want video, I don't want a vid cam. Why buy
    2 diff cams when I can get what I want/need in one?
    Another reason I'm going with the G3 is its battery life. The 4300 seems to
    be notorious for short battery life and seen lots of recommendations to buy
    another battery or 2 at the time you buy it.
    And one more reason to get the G3 is for the hotshoe which I probably won't
    end up using right away but it's sure gonna be handy when I finally need it.
    Lastly, I really don't care (no offense to anyone) if a camera is going to
    be replaced or has a new model coming out. I'd rather purchase something
    that's been out there for a few mos at least with a good report card. Let
    the other ppl find out all of the faults, shortcomings and pluses of the new
    cams. I want to be happy and have my cam for a while because I did my
    research and took my time to find the right camera for me. Not hurry up and
    rush to get the most new fangled gee whiz thing-a-ma-jigger cause it cost a
    grand and a half and to be the first on my block to have it, that's just not
    me.
    Above all, Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!!

    BLueCoBra
    - Please excuse my driving, I'm reloading
    BLueCoBra, Sep 2, 2003
  12. "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote in message
    > One reason I decided to go with the G3 after all was for the movie mode
    > capability. The 4300 has a max of 40sec clips while the G3 will go up to
    > 3mins with high speed memory. And before all of the flames start coming in
    > that I should get a vid cam if I want video, I don't want a vid cam. Why

    buy
    > 2 diff cams when I can get what I want/need in one?

    Hmmm. Maybe they'll make a combination cellular phone/PDA/video camera/still
    motion camera/organizer/laptop/GPS/pager/MP3 player device.

    C'mon people! If you want video clips get a video camera. If you want still
    photos get a still camera. Hey, it's your choice, sorry if I'm "flaming"
    (never really got off on doing that or having it done) because it is your
    choice. But it does amaze me how people, say, go to Burger King wanting
    chicken sandwiches, then go to KFC wanting hamburgers or best of all go to a
    Chinese restaurant and ask "do you have any hamburgers?"

    C'mon! It's your choice, but still.
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 2, 2003
  13. > But it does amaze me how people, say, go to Burger King wanting
    > chicken sandwiches, then go to KFC wanting hamburgers or best of all go to a
    > Chinese restaurant and ask "do you have any hamburgers?"
    >
    > C'mon! It's your choice, but still.

    My brother was dining at Lawrey's Prime Rib in Chicago a while back. A young
    couple seated behind them asked the waitress if they had a vegetarian menu.

    It takes all kinds. To do what, that's the question...
    Robert A. Barr, Sep 2, 2003