    the same thing on the Nikon?

    Thanks!

    Dean

    DeanB, Feb 13, 2007

  2. DeanB

    DeanB Guest

    BTW I was considering upgrading to a 1GB or 2GB chip.

    DeanB, Feb 13, 2007

  3. DeanB wrote:
    > I have a 256 MB SD card now in my Coolpix 3200, and its fast. On my
    > previous camera, however, when I upgraded (from 8MB to 64MB) it slowed
    > it down significantly, on start-up and on saving pictures. Will I see
    > the same thing on the Nikon?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Dean

    On some older Nikons, I found that because they put all the pictures in a
    single folder on the memory card that slowed them down. I think the 3200
    is too new to have this problem. With my 5700 and 8400, you did get a
    perceptible delay while the old directory was finalised and the new
    directory was being created (once every 200 pics, IIRC), but not on the
    other 198/199 pics.

    David

    David J Taylor, Feb 13, 2007