    personal experience will allow.

    Your input is appreciated. Thank you.

    Larry

    Larry Lomenzo, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Larry Lomenzo

    Casper Guest

    I got one for my wife and it's a great little camera. The menus are a little
    confusing but we took it down to key west (with my 5050z). Got a lot of good
    pics.
    "Larry Lomenzo" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > New here and need advice/info on Nikon Coolpix 3100.
    >
    > Am considering purchasing this camera and have read web-reviews on it.
    > Still, I'd like to get some "live" feedback user comments regarding pros

    and
    > cons of this model, individual likes and dislikes, recommendations of

    better

    Casper, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Larry Lomenzo

    FMV Guest

    Used one this summer during Scandinavian and Russian trip; great pictures,
    even those inside the Hermitage. Only caveat is that it eats batteries
    quickly. Get 2 sets of 2200 MAHA batteries and charger - I charged a set
    every night, but even though I had 2 sets that were fully charged, there
    were a few times when the camera didn't work because of low power. It was a
    great camera to carry as I could put it in my pocket.

    Fred

    FMV, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Larry Lomenzo

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Larry Lomenzo, says...

    > New here and need advice/info on Nikon Coolpix 3100.

    I have the 2100 which is basically the same with fewer pixels. It's an
    outstanding little camera. I took it and a Canon Elan II with slide film
    on a trip to the Grand Cayman and Cozumel for a week, and with both
    cameras in auto mode for exposures, the little Nikon won hands down.
    Better color and exposure every time. You'll be very happy with the
    extra pixels.

    Mark Spatny, Oct 28, 2003