    Under $100. for a Coolpix 2500. What a terrific deal!

    Alan
    or

    ALANPGH, Aug 3, 2003

  2. ALANPGH

    Steve Young Guest

    So why did you feel the need to post this a second time?
    Didn't get enough 'great job' hoots the first time?

  3. ALANPGH

    Paul H. Guest

    "ALANPGH" <> wrote in message
    > I bought the Coolpix 2500 about a week ago from Ritz for $172.34 including
    > shipping from Ritz. (I told them about the getdigi price and asked them to

    do
    > the best they could on the price.) Received the camera yesterday. Seems

    like a
    > great deal.
    >
    > I will send in the Nikon $50. rebate and another $30. rebate I received

    for
    > buying the new Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9.0. So, after rebates, the

    price
    > will be $172.34 - $50. -$30. = $92.34 delivered!
    >
    > Under $100. for a Coolpix 2500. What a terrific deal!

    I don't see how a rebate for purchasing the Microsoft Digital Image Suite
    lowers the price of the Coolpix 2500. If I go to the market and buy an
    $8.00 steak and a box of detergent having a $2.00 rebate, I can't really say
    the price of the steak was $6.00. You have an odd way of keeping accounts.

    Paul H., Aug 3, 2003
  4. ALANPGH

    ALANPGH Guest

    The answer is simple. I already had the Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9.0
    software, so the extra $30. rebate was simply an added plus!

    ALANPGH, Aug 8, 2003
  5. ALANPGH

    Paul H. Guest

    "ALANPGH" <> wrote in message
    >> I bought the Coolpix 2500 about a week ago from Ritz for $172.34

    including
    >> shipping from Ritz. (I told them about the getdigi price and asked them

    >> do the best they could on the price.) Received the camera yesterday.

    Seems
    >>like a great deal.
    >>>

    >> I will send in the Nikon $50. rebate and another $30. rebate I received

    for
    >> buying the new Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9.0. So, after rebates, the

    price
    >> will be $172.34 - $50. -$30. = $92.34 delivered!
    >> Under $100. for a Coolpix 2500. What a terrific deal!

    >>I don't see how a rebate for purchasing the Microsoft Digital Image Suite
    >>lowers the price of the Coolpix 2500. If I go to the market and buy an
    >>$8.00 steak and a box of detergent having a $2.00 rebate, I can't really

    say
    >>the price of the steak was $6.00. You have an odd way of keeping

    accounts.

    > The answer is simple. I already had the Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9.0
    > software, so the extra $30. rebate was simply an added plus!

    Ok, so if I pay $300.00 for a camera, walk out of the store and find a $50
    bill on the sidewalk, I can tell people I got the camera for $250.00, maybe
    even post the "fact" on usenet? Sorry, but the buying of the camera and the
    finding of the money are independent events as were your Coolpix 2500
    purchase and the Microsoft rebate. Can you imagine how utterly silly it
    would be if someone posted an article with the title "D60 for FREE!" and
    explained that he purchased a D60 then added up all the rebates he had ever
    received in the past for totally unrelated products and found the amount
    equalled the D60 purchase price?

    I say again that you have a strange way of keeping accounts and I'm sure
    glad I don't have to explain your books to the IRS.

    Paul H., Aug 8, 2003