    reliability ?? Not to be used for serious photography..just snapshots etc..

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike W.
    Mike Waters, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Mike Waters

    LWM Guest

    Yes

    "Mike Waters" <> wrote in message
    news:YrvZa.403$...
    > Is the new Nikon Coolpix any good in terms of picture

    quality and

    LWM, Aug 11, 2003

  3. > Is the new Nikon Coolpix any good in terms of picture quality and
    > reliability ?? Not to be used for serious photography..just snapshots
    > etc

    I bought a Coolpix 2100 about a month ago, and love it. It's compact, easy
    to use, the buttons make sense, and fits my hand better than any other
    compact camera I looked at. I too just use it for snapshots, and I can't
    see any difference in picture quality between it and the 35mm Olympus film
    camera I used to have. I'm very happy with the picture quality and
    sharpness. Also, the shots seem to average about 400 KB, which seems
    smaller than comparable 2 megapixel cameras (which is a good thing in my
    book).

    It sure seems to be reliable, in that I haven't had any problem with it.
    But, again, I've only had it for about a month. I take it on the road with
    me to Europe next month, so we'll see how it holds up. I have no reason to
    expect any problems.

    Enjoy.

    JP
    Jerold Pearson, Aug 11, 2003