    Cooter Guest

    Are there any opinions / facts regarding which does the better job with RAW
    images - Nikon Capture or Photoshop with the RAW plug-in?

    Cooter, Oct 13, 2003

  2. The raw plug in wins this contest hands down. It allows you to interpolate
    the image to a larger size directly from the raw capture and offers far more
    exposure and colour control over the image before it is converted to a 16
    bit file for photoshop editing. The closer you can get the iamge to how you
    want it before changing to 16 bit the better quality your final image will
    be. The only feature of the raw plugin I dont like is the sharpening which
    doesnt have the control that unsharp mask does in Photoshop. I therefore
    turn the sharpening right off in the raw plugin.

    You can also save your basic settings to apply to multiple images shot in
    the same conditions.

    sympatico.news, Oct 14, 2003