    rather than using Photoshop? For about the price of Capture NX2 I
    could get Adobe Lightroom instead and use it's highly rated cataloging
    abilities.
    Bookish, Jun 19, 2008

  2. Bookish

    N Guest

    "TH O" <tho@tho.23.invalid> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <1213908411.183804@athprx03>,
    > "G Paleologopoulos" <> wrote:
    >
    >> > Is there no trial available for NX2? There certainly is for Lightroom,
    >> > 30

    >> 60 days
    >> http://support.nikontech.com

    > The best thing you could do is try it out for yourself.
    >
    > Personally, I found NX and NX2 resource hogs with a very non-standard
    > user interface when I tried the demos. They frequently brought XP and
    > all other applications to a crawl. I don't know that I could tolerate
    > using it every day.

    Upgrade your PC then.
    I run NX1, Photoshop CS3 and Bridge together with no problems at all.
    N, Jun 21, 2008

  3. Bookish

    John Smith Guest

    Agreed. Sounds like Paleologopoulos is running a VERY old and underpowered
    PC.

    John Smith, Jun 21, 2008
  4. Bookish

    Paul Furman Guest

    frederick wrote:

    > If you use a D300 or D3 camera, then Capture Nx applies auto CA
    > correction to raw files by default(it can be unselected if you want to
    > for some reason, or further "tweaked"). So far with D300, the
    > auto-correction works better than any other method I've tried, and
    > requires no further manual input.

    Can you make/share/download custom profiles for third party lens CA &
    distortion corrections?

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Jun 21, 2008
  5. Bookish

    > In article
    > <485c9d2e$0$11601$>,
    > "N" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "TH O" <tho@tho.23.invalid> wrote in message

    >> > The best thing you could do is try it out for yourself.
    >> >
    >> > Personally, I found NX and NX2 resource hogs with a very non-standard
    >> > user interface when I tried the demos. They frequently brought XP and
    >> > all other applications to a crawl. I don't know that I could tolerate
    >> > using it every day.

    >> Upgrade your PC then.
    >> I run NX1, Photoshop CS3 and Bridge together with no problems at all.

    > I've seen *hundreds* of messages across web forums where users are
    > having the same problems as I have. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo so I
    > shouldn't be having trouble. There's something buggy with the software
    > -- my guess would be .NET.

    I use Vista 64 with 4GB RAM. .Net isn't an issue.
    N, Jun 22, 2008
  6. Bookish

    John Smith Guest

    I disagree completely. I've been running Capture NX, at the same time as
    Adobe CS2, and Outlook, and Excel, and...

    I've never seen a performance lag, or any slowdown in my apps at all.

    I'm running Win XP Pro, 4GB RAM, and a 150gb WD Raptor C Drive (where my
    Apps and O/S are located), Core 2 Duo 3.2ghz.

    All of my data files are on my 2TB hard disk array of drives D and E.

    Upgrade your machine...

    John Smith, Jun 22, 2008