    Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

    Thx
    Jet
    Spoof, Apr 5, 2005

  2. <Spoof> wrote in message news:...
    > Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??
    >
    > My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
    > with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
    > the upgrades have been better?
    >
    > Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

    NFL. Call Nikon and see if they would be willing to provide a free copy.
    news.wplus.net, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Spoof

    PhotoMan Guest

    > > Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??
    > >
    > > My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
    > > with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
    > > the upgrades have been better?
    > >
    > > Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

    > NFL. Call Nikon and see if they would be willing to provide a free copy.

    It doesn't matter how many trial versions he tries to use. The expiration
    date is in his registry and disallows further attempts.
    PhotoMan, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Spoof

    paul Guest

    PhotoMan wrote:
    > "news.wplus.net" <> wrote in message
    >
    >><Spoof> wrote in message

    >>>Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??
    >>>
    >>>My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
    >>>with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
    >>>the upgrades have been better?
    >>>
    >>>Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

    >>NFL. Call Nikon and see if they would be willing to provide a free copy.

    > It doesn't matter how many trial versions he tries to use. The expiration
    > date is in his registry and disallows further attempts.

    He can re-set the computer clock temprarily. I've done this with
    trialware as I usually don't get into it deep enough to know what I want
    until it expires. Argh.
    paul, Apr 6, 2005
  5. Spoof

    Steve Guest

    paul wrote:

    >> It doesn't matter how many trial versions he tries to use. The expiration
    >> date is in his registry and disallows further attempts.

    > He can re-set the computer clock temprarily. I've done this with
    > trialware as I usually don't get into it deep enough to know what I want
    > until it expires. Argh.

    He could also edit the registry. If he's brave, anyway. If the entry actually says
    "nikon" it should be pretty easy. This is a good reason to run a program like Norton
    registry tracker. If nikon doesn't clean the registry when their program is
    uninstalled I'm certainly not going to feel bad for them if somebody bends their
    rules a bit.

    I find it interesting that if you set a date before the most recent use a lot of
    trialware will tell you your date is incorrect and tell you to check it. It's almost
    as if they don't know what we're doing. I've occcasionally renamed a program along
    the lines of "trialware 4-5" to keep track of the last time I used it so I'll know
    what date to set the next time. That way if I'm allowed 30 days I can actually have
    30 days. 30 consecutive days is way too short if you don't have the time to really
    play with something.

    --
    Steve

    belief that it was intended as a statement of fact.

    If you want a reply to reach me, remove the SPAMTRAP from the address.
    Steve, Apr 6, 2005