    buying an extra battery for each camera and charging them before leaving the
    U.S.?

    Sharon
    Sharon, Sep 8, 2008

  2. Sharon

    No Spam Guest

    The OEM Nikon MH-18 series of chargers are Global, ie; accept 100-240 V
    50/60 Hertz, and are auto-sensing, therefore all you need is the $4 plug
    adapter. No converter is necessary.

    No Spam, Sep 8, 2008

  3. "Sharon" <> wrote:
    >What is the best approach to dealing with the difference in AC power between
    >the U.S. and Italy? Will the battery charger be okay if I use a converter
    >(from a travel kit) to plug it into the wall,

    Which one of the several chargers they have did Nikon ship with your
    camera? Did you have a look at it? What does it say about the input
    voltage? Most likely it's something like "AC 110-240V 50/60Hz".

    If so then you don't need a converter at all but just a plug adapter
    which runs 2-3$ in any hardware store. Or if your charger has a
    removable power cord get a new power cord with the proper plug when
    arriving in Italy.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Sep 8, 2008