    the Canon Digital Rebel. I can't get to the Nikon 8700 on their website. I'll
    be buying one or the other, but want to compare them first.

    I haven't taken my best picture yet.

    LEICA, Apr 19, 2004

  2. LEICA wrote:
    > Nikon has a new Digital SLR for $1,000. I wonder how this shapes up compared to
    > the Canon Digital Rebel. I can't get to the Nikon 8700 on their website. I'll
    > be buying one or the other, but want to compare them first.
    >
    > I haven't taken my best picture yet.

    the nikon 8700 is not a DSLR, the D70 and D100 are...

    And since the sensor of the 8700 is smaller than that of DSLRs and the
    resolution is higher, it will have more problems with noise than DSLRs.

    If I had to choose between the Canon Digital Rebel and the Nikon 8700,
    I'd definitely go for the Canon, but I'm glad with my Nikon D70 :)

    Yves Deweerdt, Apr 19, 2004

  3. LEICA

    Charlie Self Guest

    Leica asks:

    >Nikon has a new Digital SLR for $1,000. I wonder how this shapes up compared
    >the Canon Digital Rebel. I can't get to the Nikon 8700 on their website.
    >I'll
    >be buying one or the other, but want to compare them first.

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/nikon8700.html

    But the new Nikon DSLR is the N70.

    A friend of mine has the 8700 and absolutely loves it.

    Charlie Self
    "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
    pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

    Charlie Self, Apr 19, 2004