    Are either of these features present without an external flash? It would
    appear not, from what I've read (Steve's and dp reviews).

    Please reply to my email address:

    Dxlstnr, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Dxlstnr

    BW Guest

    (Dxlstnr) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I know these cameras have D and i, respectively, and what D-TTL is, but do not
    > know:
    >
    > What's the difference between D and i?
    >
    > Are either of these features present without an external flash? It would
    > appear not, from what I've read (Steve's and dp reviews).
    >
    > Please reply to my email address:

    *** From Nikon website ***
    Flash Sync Modes: 1) Auto Flash, 2) Flash Cancel (off), 3) Red-Eye
    Reduction (In-Camera Red-Eye Fix(TM)), 4) Anytime Flash, 5) Night
    Portrait (Slow Sync Flash), 6) Rear Curtain Sync; Sync method:
    Standard i-TTL flash.

    I am getting my 8800 tomorrow - from what I understand the built-in
    uses i-TTL.

    Bill

    BW, Oct 21, 2004