    Lowryter Guest

    Is there any trick to getting the red eye out?

    most of my flash shots have it

    Lowryter, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Lowryter

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    > Is there any trick to getting the red eye out?
    >
    > most of my flash shots have it

    It's the same trick as with every other camera. First, understand what
    causes "red-eye"...

    When it's dark, your subject's pupils open up. They're typically looking
    right at the lens of the camera. The light from the camera's flash goes
    right in through those big pupils, reflects off of the retina (picking up a
    red tint from the blood vessels behind it), and comes right back in through
    your lens.

    You can (a) use red-eye flash on the camera to make their pupils contract,
    (b) have them look slightly away from the lens, or (c) use a flash that
    isn't so close to the lens. Even just the extra 4" or so that a
    shoe-mounted flash gives you helps out quite a bit in getting rid of
    red-eye.

    steve

    Steve Wolfe, Dec 21, 2004

  3. >>use a flash that isn't so close to the lens.
    One of the few things I miss on my old camera is the ability to tilt the
    flash in order, say, to bounce it off the ceiling. My only real criticism
    of my Oly C2100 is lack of a hot shoe.

    Referring back to the original enquiry (how to get rid of red-eye).
    Assuming the time to re-take has passed, most photo processing packages have
    a red-eye correcting feature. Mostly this works by the user identifying an
    area of the image in which to reduce the red component.

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Lowryter

    Lowryter Guest

    I was wondering if anyone had info in regard to my camera.

    I think that I've blocked the electronic eye with my finger.

    Lowryter, Dec 22, 2004