    can do it on the F100) it would be great. Anybody got any tips on this
    issue? Maybe I need to set a different focus mode for example...

    Carl

    carl, May 27, 2004

  2. carl

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:38:02 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "carl"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anybody figured out a way to make manual focusing easier on the 5700?
    >One thing I have figured out is that whenever you go into MF it goes back to
    >the lens focusing distance you had previously set. Alas, if it would simply
    >go into AF, focus, and then leave the lens set at that distance (the way you
    >can do it on the F100) it would be great. Anybody got any tips on this
    >issue? Maybe I need to set a different focus mode for example...

    Not to my knowledge. Even worse Nikon in their brain dead wisdom did away
    with the distance read out for MF my 990. So it's much harder to repeat
    settings. You have to take a shot and then look review the image info to
    find the setting.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, May 27, 2004

  3. carl

    Frank ess Guest

    carl wrote:
    > Has anybody figured out a way to make manual focusing easier on the
    > 5700? One thing I have figured out is that whenever you go into MF it
    > goes back to the lens focusing distance you had previously set. Alas,
    > if it would simply go into AF, focus, and then leave the lens set at
    > that distance (the way you can do it on the F100) it would be great.
    > Anybody got any tips on this issue? Maybe I need to set a different
    > focus mode for example...
    >
    > Carl

    Here's a start:
    http://donskiff.com/manual_focusing_nikon_cp5700.htm

    Frank ess, May 27, 2004
  4. carl

    carl Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > carl wrote:
    > > Has anybody figured out a way to make manual focusing easier on the
    > > 5700? One thing I have figured out is that whenever you go into MF it
    > > goes back to the lens focusing distance you had previously set. Alas,
    > > if it would simply go into AF, focus, and then leave the lens set at
    > > that distance (the way you can do it on the F100) it would be great.
    > > Anybody got any tips on this issue? Maybe I need to set a different
    > > focus mode for example...
    > >
    > > Carl

    > Here's a start:
    > http://donskiff.com/manual_focusing_nikon_cp5700.htm

    Thanks
    That was very informative and saved me a lot of figuring it out

    carl, May 28, 2004
  5. carl

    Gorf Guest

    > That was very informative and saved me a lot of figuring it out

    Did you let Don know it helped?

    Gorf, Jun 3, 2004