    Suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.
    Tavish Muldoon, May 9, 2004

  2. Tavish Muldoon

    John H Guest

    On 9 May 2004 11:11:07 -0700, (Tavish Muldoon) wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am still using Windows 98SE.
    >
    >To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
    >their software?
    >
    >I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
    >hoping to find another way to download the images.
    >
    >Suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Tmuld.

    I used the Nikon View software with my 5700. Usually it would start as soon as I
    turned the camera on (camera plugged in to the usb slot). Lately I've had to
    start the program manually, then go to 'Tools' and Launch Nikon Transfer. I
    assume you've loaded the Nikon software that came with the camera. If not, do
    so. Life is simple then.

    John H

    On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
    on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
    John H, May 9, 2004

  3. "Tavish Muldoon" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am still using Windows 98SE.
    >
    > To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
    > their software?
    >
    > I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
    > hoping to find another way to download the images.
    >
    > Suggestions?

    Buy a CF card reader.

    David
    David J Taylor, May 9, 2004
  4. Tavish Muldoon

    TheNewGuy Guest

    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am still using Windows 98SE.
    >
    >To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
    >their software?
    >
    >I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
    >hoping to find another way to download the images.

    I don't know why you don't like the Nikon software, but if you get a
    CF card reader (about $20). It can act like an additional drive and
    you can read the files from there. I have one but still use the Nikon
    software, and I also use PhotoShot for editing the images. You can
    define the directory the files are put into if that was your problem.
    TheNewGuy, May 9, 2004
  5. Tavish Muldoon

    TheNewGuy Guest

    On Sun, 09 May 2004 22:14:56 GMT,
    (TheNewGuy(Mike)) wrote:

    >software, and I also use PhotoShot

    "PhotoShop"
    TheNewGuy, May 10, 2004
  6. (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am still using Windows 98SE.
    >
    > To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
    > their software?
    >
    > I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
    > hoping to find another way to download the images.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tmuld.

    Card Reader.
    GG
    Glenn Gundlach, May 10, 2004
  7. You are correct! I meant Photoshop 7.0. But the import option never
    lists my digital camera.

    The Nikon Software is installed OK.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks,