    Thought I would post this problem and see if someone out there has run
    into something similar. Thanks

    David-

    David, Sep 20, 2004

  2. David

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 19 Sep 2004 17:36:04 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    (David) wrote:

    >Anyone out there tell me why when I download my images off my 5400
    >onto my iBook the photos are all scrambled out of order.

    Any chance they are loaded in order of size some how? Why I haven't a clue.
    I'm not a Mac user.

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Sep 20, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    (David) wrote:

    > Anyone out there tell me why when I download my images off my 5400
    > onto my iBook the photos are all scrambled out of order.
    >
    > I'll shoot dozens of pictures and at the end of the day they get
    > loaded into my Nikon Viewer out of sequential order. This is
    > especially annoying when I'm trying to stitch together photos into pan
    > shots.
    >
    > The Nikon customer service people were no help they claim it might be
    > the way my laptop is setup. Someone mentioned maybe getting a card
    > reader and loading into that then into my laptop.
    >
    > Thought I would post this problem and see if someone out there has run
    > into something similar. Thanks
    >
    > David-

    Don't use Nikon's viewer then.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

    > Don't use Nikon's viewer then.

    Use Image Capture, create a new folder for each download.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 20, 2004
  5. David

    clw Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Ruf <> wrote:

    > On 19 Sep 2004 17:36:04 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    > (David) wrote:
    >
    > >Anyone out there tell me why when I download my images off my 5400
    > >onto my iBook the photos are all scrambled out of order.

    > Any chance they are loaded in order of size some how? Why I haven't a clue.
    > I'm not a Mac user.

    Its not the Mac it's the software. check the preferences file and
    check any storage and file transfer set up for the camera.

    I use Mac's with Canon cameras and have not had this problem.

    clw, Sep 26, 2004