Nikon 4300 128 MB CF Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FD, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. FD

    FD Guest

    I have a random problem similar when my card is only half full ( 50
    pictures), the Nikon Transfer software tells me there is no CF card in the
    Camera.
    In order for this to work it seems that I have to have at 80-90 pictures on
    the Memory Card ... This is a nuissance... Also on XP and Windows 2000 it
    won't let me access the NIKON directory on the card via a mounted drive, it
    tells me the files are corrupted.
    I eventually I get this to work but I have to wait for the card is almost
    full.

    TheCamera is a Nikon 4300 with a 128 MB Compact Flash Card from Princenton
    Technology INC. Nikon said they can't support me as it is not an approved
    Flash Card for their camera... I think this has to be a USB or Driver
    issue....

    Please advise I just puchased the camera, I already have taken over 800
    pictures but I have to wait for the card to be full to download....

    Nikon won't support me, Princeton can't since they are reseller? Who do I go
    for help...
    The company wants to replace the card...

    Please advise, your help is greatly appreciated.

    --
    Frank Domanico
    Alternative Busines Solutions
    FD, Aug 26, 2003