Nikon 3100 red pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Marc, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    I have a Nikon 3100 that has a quite noticeable red tint to the pictures
    using the auto mode.This has been happening since I first bought it. When I
    realized this, I had to use Photoshop LE to increase the green by 15.

    The red tint happens on all pictures. Outdoor cloudy or sunny with or
    without flash and indoor with flash. The only way to adjust the white
    balance is in the manual mode and then it doesn't stay when the camera is
    powered off and on.

    I recently sent it back to Nikon and included a CD with before and after
    examples. Yesterday I received it back and it's exactly the same. The paper
    that was with it says that it was adjusted to be "within standards". I
    called them to confirm this and they told me that it was what was done.

    This can't be normal and I'd like to get some opinions. I've posted a few
    samples at http://home.comcast.net/~eat_me2/

    Thanks,
    Marc

    Marc, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Marc

    Rhett Guest

    "Marc" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Nikon 3100 that has a quite noticeable red tint to the pictures
    > using the auto mode.This has been happening since I first bought it. When

    > realized this, I had to use Photoshop LE to increase the green by 15.
    >
    > The red tint happens on all pictures. Outdoor cloudy or sunny with or
    > without flash and indoor with flash. The only way to adjust the white
    > balance is in the manual mode and then it doesn't stay when the camera is
    > powered off and on.
    >
    > I recently sent it back to Nikon and included a CD with before and after
    > examples. Yesterday I received it back and it's exactly the same. The

    paper
    > that was with it says that it was adjusted to be "within standards". I
    > called them to confirm this and they told me that it was what was done.

    A camera no doubt assembled in red China by the red Chinese who are doing a
    little sub rosa advertising for their political system;-)

    Here's the fix: Take your camera with you when you next go to the polls to
    vote, rub it on the ballot box and all will be fine.............

    Rhett

    Rhett, Feb 27, 2004