Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Edwards, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Does anyone know when Nikon might get around to releasing this lense?

    Steve Edwards, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Steve Edwards

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Steve Edwards <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know when Nikon might get around to releasing this lense?

    It's been released for quite some time. The problem is that so many
    people want it that Nikon can't make them fast enough, and the stores
    sell out as soon as they get their shipments.

    If you put your email address into the "email me when available" thing
    at B&H you'll get a note when they get some in, but you'll need to call
    them right at that very moment to place the order or they'll be gone...

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Hmm I've had my name on that list for months and have never recieved an
    email.

    Steve

    Steve Edwards, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Steve Edwards

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Steve Edwards <> wrote:

    > Hmm I've had my name on that list for months and have never recieved an
    > email.

    I got a mail about it a couple weeks ago (after probably a couple of months
    of being on the list). I didn't end up buying the lens, but I guess they
    did get some in. I'm sure they were all gone in a matter of hours.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Aug 21, 2004
  5. Steve Edwards

    sid derra Guest

    > Steve Edwards <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hmm I've had my name on that list for months and have never recieved an
    > > email.

    > I got a mail about it a couple weeks ago (after probably a couple of months
    > of being on the list). I didn't end up buying the lens, but I guess they
    > did get some in. I'm sure they were all gone in a matter of hours.

    how much does it go for?

    sid derra, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Steve Edwards

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    sid derra <> wrote:

    > how much does it go for?

    $1400, which is why I didn't buy it right then. :)

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Aug 21, 2004
  7. Steve Edwards

    sid derra Guest

    > sid derra <> wrote:
    >
    > > how much does it go for?

    > $1400, which is why I didn't buy it right then. :)

    understandable ;-)

    sid derra, Aug 21, 2004